Home

Five Toughest NCAA Football 09 Dynasty Jobs

This is a discussion on Five Toughest NCAA Football 09 Dynasty Jobs within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2008, 04:30 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 7
I always scan the 3 2 and even 1 star ranks to find that "diamond in the ruff player" for my maryland dynasty. i can usually secure 3 star players with 4 and 5 star once in a while @ maryland. but i have in games past found some players like a 1 star kid who had 99 speed 98 agility and 98 acceleration.. but bricks for hands.. and he was about 5'8.. 176 or something.. i put him in as the KR/PR and DB.. 4 years later this kid was all over the place! slapping balls.. still couldnt catch for crap.. but his cover skills and his jump wow!

I found many players like this and slowly built maryland up to the national championship in 2016, with some secondary bowls and a few BCS bowls along the way... also.. in your schedule, schedule powerhouse teams as often as possible, that helps with the prestige.. (you will suffer some thumpings early on) but playing USC is better than Temple if you want to woo some players!

oh.. temple is another team to add to the list lol!
Old 06-30-2008, 04:50 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 31
Not sure about #5 at all....

Sure its North Texas......but hell it's Texas and no one expects to grab a top recruit but you can accumalte and build more quality 3 star players than most other states....

Last Yr I'd agree Utah was pretty hard....

But I honestly stay away from states where football is a staple.

I used to enjoy bringing a 1-AA team.....say SE Missouri State for example and dragging them into either the Sunbelt for a pretty good challenge or replace a team in the Big 12 for a sickly challenge.

I'd think the indepndents have the worst time...other than ND as they have less chances to build points from winning their confernce etc.

Temple would have to be up there.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:02 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Five Toughest NCAA Football 09 Dynasty Jobs

Nice! Go ORANGE! I was already planning on seeing what I could do with a 'Cuse dynasty, and now I'm absolutely determined to make the most of it.

Just need to determine how quickly to flood the lineup with freshmen. Do most of you drop your top recruits into the starting lineup right out of the gates or let them work as understudies for a year or 2 before taking over as starters?
Old 06-30-2008, 05:04 PM   #20
Banned

MacPlex's Arena

OVR: 14

How vandy is not on this list is beyond me. they are playing in the toughest conference in the land. they had 25 consecutive losing records. and have one 12 sec games in the last 12 years. Not to mention some like phil steele predict them to go 0-8 sec play. And w/ the fewest returning starters(9) out of all SEC teams, 0-8 seems like fate.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:12 PM   #21
Rookie

vanderbiltfan87's Arena

OVR: 5
i'm kind of surprised vandy didn't make the top 5. we haven't been to a bowl game since 1982. after that year we are a combined 76-200. lol. only 3 bowl appearances in school history and haven't won a conference title since 1923.

but i will go on the record and say this could be the year we make it to a bowl game. i feel optimistic for some odd reason.

Last edited by vanderbiltfan87; 06-30-2008 at 05:15 PM. Reason: adding comment
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2008, 05:28 PM   #22
Banned

MacPlex's Arena

OVR: 14

Im hoping they have a good season also but the odds are against them they only have 9 Sr. and the only thing that will help me in recruiting for vandy is location and Academic prestige.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:56 PM   #23
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffy
Not sure about #5 at all....

Sure its North Texas......but hell it's Texas and no one expects to grab a top recruit but you can accumalte and build more quality 3 star players than most other states....

Last Yr I'd agree Utah was pretty hard....

But I honestly stay away from states where football is a staple.

I used to enjoy bringing a 1-AA team.....say SE Missouri State for example and dragging them into either the Sunbelt for a pretty good challenge or replace a team in the Big 12 for a sickly challenge.

I'd think the indepndents have the worst time...other than ND as they have less chances to build points from winning their confernce etc.

Temple would have to be up there.
I agree with your point and it was something I thought about long and hard. There are tons of FBS schools in Texas and North Texas is at the bottom of the list. When you add to the fact Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Arkansas, and LSU have precedent, perhaps even New Mexico and Colorado...there just isn't that much recruiting talent left. I think North Texas is tough because you have to try to find diamonds in the rough in the state of Texas that no one else wants, and if a Texas or Oklahoma decides they want that player, that could very well mean (if the recruiting is spot on) that you have lost that player.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:16 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 16
Oh man - where is Temple? They were the second worst rated team in the game in NCAA 08 (just ahead of Eastern Michigan). It took me years to make them a respectable team.

I loved playing as them though, and I now follow them a little bit. I would be happy if they went to a bowl in real life, and I am going to play as them again this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »