Home

Dynasties Past and Present

This is a discussion on Dynasties Past and Present within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2008, 12:10 AM   #9
Pro

StayPlation82's Arena

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bofa
I agree with the whole movement to make it harder. ...play the role of coach and athletic director... That is my dream Dynasty..
you make some good points, but making the franchise harder will only create post from people saying that the AI is whacked or the computer cheated, when you're good a year of games is not challenging therefore you win all of your games. you should make it harder on yourself by any means necessary. Or simply give the dynasty mode itself a difficulty level different from the gameplay level.
But Bofa makes some good points, i've been saying for past couple of years (with no one of real importance to listen) that you have to add an A.D. Mode (Athletic Director Mode). it took Madden to an all new high when Owner mode was implemented and it'll do the same for college. you have to add the ability to change uniforms, improve or rebuild stadiums and have it to where its visually different, every bowl appearance makes more money for the school, improve the work out facility which helps in recruiting and player progression, add tv contracts, uniform contracts, start fresh with a created school(as an option) or just pick any existing school, if D1-AA schools are on there, import one of those and also add the ability to export the dynasty team for regular games and online. cause when you say you have a 6'9" tight end that can't be stopped i want that challenge!

Last edited by StayPlation82; 07-01-2008 at 12:16 AM.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:06 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3
I am with Bofa and I have been wishing for it for MANY years now. I know that EA wants to trickle the features in to keep us coming back for more, but something like dynamic attendance has been around since baseball-stars on the NES, so I know they can do it.

To me, I would really like the offseason to be deeper. Stadium expansions and facility upgrades are a really big deal in the real world. Many recruits are swayed by a school having world class facilities. It is hard to imagine making a 1 star school into a National Champion and always being forced to play in the same dumpy stadium year after year.

I had high hopes that at least the facility upgrades would make it into this year, especially in light of NCAA March Madness having that feature this time.

It is kind of depressing to see all of the effort and change that went in to the upcoming versions of Madden and (for now) Live, but currently my favorite game NCAA Football is looking like a roster update with a few tweaks for us offline dynasty dwellers.

The lack of info on the dynasty features is not inspiring.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:19 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0
I would like to see all those things. The stadium improvements, and the facility improvements. But the thing I would like to see the most, personally, is the ability to change the uniforms and sign deals with the different companies. A feature that would have to go along with this to make making new uniforms better, is a better uniform creator. Not like the one from create a team on Madden, but a whole new dynamic uniform creator.

I also like the idea of being able to create-a-school or take a FCS team and import them into the FBS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2008, 09:55 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 10
"The lack of info on the dynasty features is not inspiring. "

Granted they did not give offline dynasty people a lot of new features. Quick call is the only thing I believe. With that being said though the addition of the online dynasty feature is HUGE. That had to be a big undertaking. I like the ideas of upgrading facilities and whatnot, but if I had to choose I think online dynasties are WAY more important. I give the NCAA team a big pat on the back this year. Maybe next year they can focus on the offline dynasty suggestions mentioned above, but ripping them this year seems unfair IMO.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:00 PM   #13
Pro

StayPlation82's Arena

OVR: 12
yeah i agree, no reason to rip them this year for dynasty, i'm looking forward to this, it better live up!
Old 07-01-2008, 11:19 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3
I'm not ripping them. I am just saying that there is not much to get excited about if you are not playing online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »