Home

Crowd

This is a discussion on Crowd within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2008, 02:09 AM   #49
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Crowd

I don't mean to pile on, but you just hit the nail on the head, VWarrior.
Old 07-06-2008, 03:44 AM   #50
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

OK, I'm pretty messed up now, but I want to say that I think the custom sounds are a great atmosphere idea.

Look at the typing.

Look at it.

Looook at it.

Pretty good for a drunk guy, eh?

Moral of the story: Custom sounds rock.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 07-06-2008, 07:28 AM   #51
All Star

OVR: 33

Crowd noise and sounds have been much improved this year.

However, the crowd models still look pretty generic and unlively. They jump mindlessly up and down.

With college crowds being so big, I can see some of the problems that developers might face. But the suggestion of really animating a section of the crowd and reducing the detail as they get further away might be an interesting one.

Its headin in the right direction though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2008, 08:31 AM   #52
Rookie

GatorFan1963's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWarrior
I simply take issue with the idea that, in the face of many major aspects of college football atmosphere and presentation, many of which are quite obvious if you just watch an actual broadcast and/or attend a game, cheerleaders came first. I don't have a problem with them for what they are, but implementing them at this point is like buying a new Bentley for an infant. Sure it'll be useful in 17 years when it'll actually make a difference for him/her to have a car, but there many much more important things to spend all that money on for the child before then. Maybe not the greatest of analogies but I think you get the idea.
This is essentially the point I was trying to make earlier Adam. Granted I understand you are going to say that decisions were made and some things you (not you specifically) didn't have the time to do or whatever...and I understand that. However, please understand that many of us have been playing NCAA for a long time, but we get very irritated when these games dissappoint us year after year. And then you guys want us to pay $60 for something that is merely a roster update. This year it does seem like you guys have made vast improvements in gameplay so I'll give you a pass this year. But 2010 needs to step it up in terms of the college football atmosphere.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:18 AM   #53
MVP

OVR: 18

Completely agree with whomever said it, but getting the sounds of the game are more important to me than detailing the crowds. Get them to react appropriately to situations, that is the most important thing.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:25 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 6

Seriously, cheerleaders, last thing that needed to be added in. Cutting to Coaches? Players? Nice stat popups and overlays? The nice pregame player to watch from last gen?
Old 07-16-2008, 03:27 PM   #55
All Star

JohnnytheSkin's Arena

OVR: 33

So is the crowd attendance dynamic this year? I haven't seen it in the few games I've played, as the crowd is still full even when I'm up by three or four TD's in the fourth quarter (playing at home).

Granted it's only in exhibition "Play Now" games...maybe it's only dynasty.

Oh, sorry...I got distracted by the internet. - Scott Pilgrim
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 03:57 PM   #56
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnytheSkin
So is the crowd attendance dynamic this year? I haven't seen it in the few games I've played, as the crowd is still full even when I'm up by three or four TD's in the fourth quarter (playing at home).

Granted it's only in exhibition "Play Now" games...maybe it's only dynasty.
I've only seen it in dynasty. However, even with a big lead, the fans stick around. You can see some thinning, but not a lot.

Some stadiums start out a bit too full. i.e. Rice

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »