Home

NCAA Football 09 Beginners' Tips

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Beginners' Tips within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2008, 08:30 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moustafa
Great tips! I'd like to add a tip for the running gam. When I play with people I notice that a lot of people just hold the sprint button right when they get the ball. I think it's way more effective to sprint once you pick the hole. It makes the runner easier to control which really makes hitting the right hole a lot easier. And I'm sure it will be more important to do so in 09 with all the cutback opportunities.
This is a great point. Waiting to use the sprint button (or pull the sprint trigger, nowadays) until you are in the hole is paramount. Pulling it too soon decreases the control you have to cut back or evade tacklers. Punching the gas at just the right moment really will really help you break loose for some big runs. Excellent Tip.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:40 AM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalief24
cann we get some tips on shedding blocks. it seems really hard to do
Unfortunately, I think block shedding is more of a crap-shoot than anything else. Here's what I typically do:

When controlling D-Linemen at the snap, I generally use a the sprint button immediately, quickly followed by a finesse or power move, depending on that attirbute strength of the particular player I am using. Generally, it' is only moderately successful, but it does work well from time to time.

If you are speaking of shedding blocks in the open field (like chasing down the the ballcarrier with the middle linebacker), the only real piece of advice I can give is to play a good angle and try to reach the hole before a lineman reaches the second level to get a hat on on you. A combination of sprinting and strafing generally does the trick. (Just like they teach you in real football, try to keep your front shoudler even with the ballcarrier's back shoulder to reduce a cutback lane)

Once you reach the hole, shedding a lead blocker can be downright impossible, but if you have successfully reached the hole, chances are it'll be congested enough that another defender will be able to make the tackle, even if you're tied up with the fullback or a pulling guard.

Anybody else have something that works?
Old 07-02-2008, 09:58 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
At 26, I can say I somewhat agree with this statement....lol

I remember the days of going to class in college until noon, coming back home eating, then playing a game of NCAA '04, or taking a nap/go to the mall/or work out.

College ='ed Freedom

lol
Bingo. Try finding time for NCAA with a wife and 4 kids!! It's a scene, man.

(Damn, I sound like my grandfather - 'I used to walk 6 miles in the snow to school. Uphill. Both ways!)

Old 07-02-2008, 04:42 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
At 26, I can say I somewhat agree with this statement....lol

I remember the days of going to class in college until noon, coming back home eating, then playing a game of NCAA '04, or taking a nap/go to the mall/or work out.

College ='ed Freedom

lol
You are a man after my own heart.

The amount of free time is something I truly took for granted. Even with a full class load and part-time job, the world was still my oyster both in undergrad and grad school. Now I'm lucky if I can get through a weekend without doing something work related. In fact, this past weekend, I worked 12 hour + days on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Ugh.....

Looking back, the absolute best feeling in the world was waking up on a Thursday, and realizing you only have a single 1-hour class beginning at 10:00, and then nothing until Monday. During football season, the grill would normally be going by 11:00 a.m., first brew in hand by 11:15.... God, I would go back to it in a split second.....
Old 07-02-2008, 04:53 PM   #21
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NCAA Football 09 Beginners' Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil McCombs
You are a man after my own heart.

The amount of free time is something I truly took for granted. Even with a full class load and part-time job, the world was still my oyster both in undergrad and grad school. Now I'm lucky if I can get through a weekend without doing something work related. In fact, this past weekend, I worked 12 hour + days on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Ugh.....

Looking back, the absolute best feeling in the world was waking up on a Thursday, and realizing you only have a single 1-hour class beginning at 10:00, and then nothing until Monday. During football season, the grill would normally be going by 11:00 a.m., first brew in hand by 11:15.... God, I would go back to it in a split second.....
Man, you're not lying. My last semester & year of college, schedule wise, was awesome. Classes weren't a cakewalk, but I had classes only on Tuesday and Thursday, with a ballroom dancing class on Monday nigths that was full of girls.

Waking up on a Monday and not having to do squat but whatever I wanted was heaven. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »