Home

DT Linder sold psxsports.com

This is a discussion on DT Linder sold psxsports.com within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 11:04 PM   #25
Love Celtic, Hate Racism

CeltBhoy33's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: DT Linder sold psxsports.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettoshark
DT seems like a good guy to me. I wasn't around to remember the blacklover thing but his rosters have been accurate from what I could tell when I dl'ed them to check. And he supports free rosters. I hope he's right that and didn't sell the site.
Yeah, man DT was a good guy. He never made us pay for the rosters. I know he did the rosters him self I have gotten them from him since 2003. But I just can't imigine he would sell it to Kaldenberg.

Becuase Kaldenberg always came on to PSX with a new name always starting stuff with the boards.

DT even explained to us in a thread telling us he was selling the site. But never explained to who. This sucks big time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2008, 11:06 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 25

I think DT was duped in the same way as FK then. FK apparently got an offer from a third party that later turned out to be BK. DT probably got an offer he couldn't refuse (BK said he's making >80K just off of rosters) from a third party.

My Teams: Green Bay Packers, Wisconsin Badgers, Marquette Golden Eagles, Milwaukee Brewers, Virginia Tech Hokies, Texas Longhorns, Houston Texans, Houston Rockets
Old 07-02-2008, 11:11 PM   #27
Love Celtic, Hate Racism

CeltBhoy33's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettoshark
I think DT was duped in the same way as FK then. FK apparently got an offer from a third party that later turned out to be BK. DT probably got an offer he couldn't refuse (BK said he's making >80K just off of rosters) from a third party.
Yeah I hear you.
I'm just really dissapointed with the outcome hopefully BK doesn't screw the site up to much.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:13 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by markees007
Yeah I hear you.
I'm just really dissapointed with the outcome hopefully BK doesn't screw the site up to much.
If you look at FK's old site, you'll see how badly it looks... Looks like he's just gonna use the same template again and change the colors and logos. The PSX forum will probably be gone too.

My Teams: Green Bay Packers, Wisconsin Badgers, Marquette Golden Eagles, Milwaukee Brewers, Virginia Tech Hokies, Texas Longhorns, Houston Texans, Houston Rockets
Old 07-02-2008, 11:13 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Yeah I hear you.
he will. he will redo it completely.. just like he did fk's.....

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-02-2008, 11:17 PM   #30
Pro

FAIRDALE_KINGS's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Yeah I hear you.
Brian Kaldenberg charges for the rosters. Here is a current breakdown of the prices from one of his websites.

To mail-in a memory card it is $15

To download rosters:
PS3 - $6.95
360 - $9.95
PS2 - $7.95

Just like DT Linder I've provided free rosters since 2002. I actually supplied the XBox rosters for DT's old site ps2rosters.com for NCAA 2004 & NCAA 2005. I do NOT charge a penny for anyone to mail-in a memory card or to download the rosters from my website. I never have and never will. Donations are optional and encouraged but are not required. I've never prevented anyone from downloading the rosters because they didn't donate.

In fact, I have shared my rosters with Operation Sports, Madden Mania, and other notable football gaming sites for years.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:25 PM   #31
Pro

FAIRDALE_KINGS's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
I am a VIP member at PSX sports.
DT Linder said he was making changed with the domain. He never said a thing about selling it to him. If he did this is awful.I'm not turning my back on DT just yet becuase he knows I have mad respect for him. But I will email him and have to ask him.

Quote:
Yeah, man DT was a good guy. He never made us pay for the rosters. I know he did the rosters him self I have gotten them from him since 2003. But I just can't imigine he would sell it to Kaldenberg.

Becuase Kaldenberg always came on to PSX with a new name always starting stuff with the boards.

DT even explained to us in a thread telling us he was selling the site. But never explained to who. This sucks big time.

I just want to clarify because it seems you contradicted yourself. In your first post you stated that you were a VIP member and that DT Linder had said he was changing domains. Yet, you said "He never said a thing about selling it to him (Brian Kaldenberg)."

But in your next post you said that "DT even explained to us in a thread telling us he was selling the site. But never explained to who."

I'm not trying to call you out or anything but I just want to know if DT had announced this sell on his forums or on his website before this event took place. The guy that is writing the Kotaku article was trying to contact DT Linder and confirm the events but he has no means of contacting DT. Supposedly this has been going on for a few weeks and the deal was finally finalized early this week. Hence, the story will break on Kotaku tomorrow by 2 pm est.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:25 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

anyone willing, please link to freencaa09rosters.com whenever the opportunity presents itself.

the more quality inbound links we get, the better the chance that we can overtake these Kaldenberg sites in the search engine rankings.

i know we are already in the top 3 almost across the board, but i'd certainly prefer to make him work as hard as possible to get above us in the rankings.

and again, if anyone is doing rosters for free that we don't know about, let us know
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »