Home

Bill has played another game!

This is a discussion on Bill has played another game! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2008, 09:57 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Bill has played another game!

im not up in arms about the INT's but its kind of shaky to me that a guy who does not user pick has to alter the sliders to an extreme already, I would like if he played a couple more games w/o tweaking sliders. I have no problem messing w/ sliders I just find it ridiculous if its the case, that out the box one of the biggest issues from last year is present. Im still reserving judgement but I have been a beast with the user picks in NCAA and Madden for a while, if its going to be that easy im not just going to stop user picking so I dont get 3-5 picks a game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2008, 10:08 PM   #42
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4reak
im not up in arms about the INT's but its kind of shaky to me that a guy who does not user pick has to alter the sliders to an extreme already ...
Yeah, three games and dude is already motivated to set user defensive sliders to zero? Say all you want about it being too early to judge, but there's no question that that raises an eyebrow. If anything, the fact that it's so early is just more fuel to the fire.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:25 PM   #43
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
I love how everyone is so afraid of interceptions. Don't get me wrong I hated the issue last year. I just find it comical that everyone is ready to jump off a bridge after someone plays a half of one game. It seems like we have forgot that INT's are part of the game.

Also I am not noticing the INT issue or the kicking game issue in the demo. Maybe I need to pay closer attention. But I have had a lot of drives start around the 20 after kickoffs.
Ints and excessive fumbles and injuries have plagued the NCAA series for a long time. I'd actually rather play a game that is on the less than realistic turnovers scale because it makes the game a lot less frustrating.

I'm reserving judgment until I actually play the game, because I remember last year people saying there wasn't a turnover bug. It is just really hard to believe anything someone says on the internet anymore.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 07-05-2008, 12:05 AM   #44
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
The comments by Bill about really telling the difference in ratings this year leads me back to one thing.

All of those who "scoff" at the idea of adjusting ratings to your preferences before starting a dynasty can KISS MY BIG FAT WHITE TOOKUS!

Because there is a damn big difference when a team is a freaking 99 or an 85 and it DOES make a difference.

If you don't want to bother with making the rosters as close to the "real thing" as possible...hey..that's your perogative. But I want as close to a real experience as I can...such as spending way too much time on Stadium Sounds, etc.....so my thoughts of tweaking roster files, etc. is only reinforced by hearing comments like the ones Bill posted.

This game is sounding freaking AWESOME!
Well, after my mini premature meltdown yesterday, I am back on the NCAA bandwagon. I love that there will be some solid defense played in this year's title. I am pumped again!! What a turnaround from last night's early impressions. Now, I just have to play the game for myself and see what level feels "right".

Kick coverage obviously needs work, but I think I have lowered punt and KO length every year to make it a little more realistic. Also, with KO's being at the 30 yard line since last year, I have no problem with lowering the slider since a lot of teams sky kick it anyway.

I am really digging the completion %s from both HUM & CPU QBs. I remember the guys at the Community Day event said this could be an issue, but so far it doesn't look to be.

Last edited by J-Unit40; 07-05-2008 at 12:08 AM.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:43 AM   #45
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

For the folks that are worried about Bill setting the INT slider to extreme 0, please be patient.

He stated he is starting at ground 0(no pun intended) and raising the slider from there.

It's called, working the game and trying to get it realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2008, 01:32 AM   #46
MVP

UATide's Arena

OVR: 14

good find. I'm about to piss my pants waiting for it to come out.

This Is Alabama Football.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:50 AM   #47
Pro

radiohead's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
The comments by Bill about really telling the difference in ratings this year leads me back to one thing.

All of those who "scoff" at the idea of adjusting ratings to your preferences before starting a dynasty can KISS MY BIG FAT WHITE TOOKUS!

Because there is a damn big difference when a team is a freaking 99 or an 85 and it DOES make a difference.

If you don't want to bother with making the rosters as close to the "real thing" as possible...hey..that's your perogative. But I want as close to a real experience as I can...such as spending way too much time on Stadium Sounds, etc.....so my thoughts of tweaking roster files, etc. is only reinforced by hearing comments like the ones Bill posted.

This game is sounding freaking AWESOME!

in dynasty, that's good for one year maybe two. seems pointless to me unless you play one season then restart the game.
Old 07-05-2008, 02:41 AM   #48
Rookie

zoltranite's Arena

OVR: 8

This is off topic but with so many guys hyped for this game, Im just curious as to how old you guys are and who here is actually in college, and what college do you go to (or went to)...(or about to go to....hopefully)???

I myself go to Sam Houston State and Im a sports marketing intern and a assistant football equipment manager... so Im always on the field. We consistently get players from big schools who have either lost their starting position (Dustin Long, TAMU). Or they collected money for no labor (Rhett Bomar, OKLA). I am buying the Wii version so I can play as my school.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »