Home

Bill has played another game!

This is a discussion on Bill has played another game! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2008, 03:32 PM   #1
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Bill has played another game!

Bill Abner has an update on his blog in which he played a game between Penn State and TCU on AA with INT slider at 0. Penn State, the cpu, threw only one pick. Also worth noting that he does not user pick so those that do will have to determine for themselves how easy user pics are/aren't.

Here's the link:

www.nutweasel.blogspot.com

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 07-04-2008 at 03:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2008, 03:37 PM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Re: Bill has played another game!

something else to note, he was able to get pressure on the QB and got 3 sacks with a DE.

Two negatives that he mentions are the playcalling and the kick coverage. So judging from community day event players, the demo, and Bill, the return game is something that may have to be altered somehow, some way by sliders. So far it seems to be the most glaring issue.

Old 07-04-2008, 03:45 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
something else to note, he was able to get pressure on the QB and got 3 sacks with a DE.

Two negatives that he mentions are the playcalling and the kick coverage. So judging from community day event players, the demo, and Bill, the return game is something that may have to be altered somehow, some way by sliders. So far it seems to be the most glaring issue.
I am not sure how you can alter kick coverage with sliders. The issue is probably they coverage men are not getting down there fast enough and/or the ball gets to the returner to quickly.
Old 07-04-2008, 03:49 PM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii_Stars
I am not sure how you can alter kick coverage with sliders. The issue is probably they coverage men are not getting down there fast enough and/or the ball gets to the returner to quickly.
the only thing that I can think of is to alter the kickoff/punt length, but that only opens up the potential for more problems. But we have some intelligent minds here at OS and some darn good slider adjusters, so if there is a way to fix it, they'll find it.

Old 07-04-2008, 03:49 PM   #5
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

For those keeping score at home...

That is now TEN straight quarters with a whopping 2 turnovers that Bill has played. So can we stop with the Chicken Little Turnover Screaming now?

The return game sounds way too powerful though. That's been consistent in each of his games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2008, 03:51 PM   #6
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

And just to reiterate,

It is JUST as unrealistic to have every one of your games only have 1 or 2 turnovers as it is for every single game to have 10.

Turnovers ARE a part of College Football, and most of the time College football teams turn the ball over at least twice a game.
Old 07-04-2008, 03:51 PM   #7
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
For those keeping score at home...

That is now TEN straight quarters with a whopping 2 turnovers that Bill has played. So can we stop with the Chicken Little Turnover Screaming now?

The return game sounds way too powerful though. That's been consistent in each of his games.
agreed with the return game. I have a feeling that its a casuality of the "wide open gameplay" that they implemented this year. I ask Adam about it in the Q&A thread, so we'll see what he has to say.

Old 07-04-2008, 03:51 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
the only thing that I can think of is to alter the kickoff/punt length, but that only opens up the potential for more problems. But we have some intelligent minds here at OS and some darn good slider adjusters, so if there is a way to fix it, they'll find it.
I think if the ball was had more hang time, even just a second, it would have a huge impact.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »