Home

People with both 360 and PS3...

This is a discussion on People with both 360 and PS3... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2008, 12:03 AM   #9
Flyin' High

Birdman18's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: People with both 360 and PS3...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tully
Well on the 360 the colors and the player models appear to be sharper. On the PS3 there is stuttering after the plays. Particularly when they do the close up scenes. I've also noticed that the QB doesn't lineup under the center correctly either. Also the controls didn't seem as responsive and smooth as on the 360.

Someone asked Adam from EA about these issues. But he said its not like that on the retail version. I just can't take the risk though.

I think this still could be because of the 360 being the lead platform for most multi system games.. who knows though.. i will be getting it for the 360.. most of my friends have live and the online dynasty of live is too much to pass up.. i also like the way the controller feels compared to the ps3. it hurts my hands after an hour or so of playing mgs4... and who cant forget about the achievements!!
Old 07-05-2008, 12:04 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 9

Played both games at EA and played both demos....PS3 demo IS bad, but the full retail games were IDENTICAL in feel and appearance.

I am actually going to get it on both systems because of friends and leagues that operate on each one...but I would recommend the 360 over the PS3 still as long as XBL continues to have multiple features that Sony refuses to invest in for PSN.

Firmware 2.40 is a positive step but there's a lot of room left to improve online for the PS3 still.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:11 AM   #11
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
Played both games at EA and played both demos....PS3 demo IS bad, but the full retail games were IDENTICAL in feel and appearance.

I am actually going to get it on both systems because of friends and leagues that operate on each one...but I would recommend the 360 over the PS3 still as long as XBL continues to have multiple features that Sony refuses to invest in for PSN.

Firmware 2.40 is a positive step but there's a lot of room left to improve online for the PS3 still.
Whew! This makes me feel better, as I'm really leaning towards getting a PS3 instead.

Did you notice this stutter that's being mentioned on PS3 retail version?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2008, 12:11 AM   #12
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache

Thanks. That is good to hear. XBL is a great service. If I still had a 360, I would probably go that route because of my interest (and commitment) to on-line dynasty.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:13 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
Whew! This makes me feel better, as I'm really leaning towards getting a PS3 instead.

Did you notice this stutter that's being mentioned on PS3 retail version?
I did not notice any kind of stutter or framerate drops in Orlando last month....no one else mentioned it either, so while I can't 100% guarantee that something wasn't changed after we played the game, I can say that it was not noticed when we were there...
Old 07-05-2008, 12:21 AM   #14
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm getting it for the 360 simply because the 360 has achievements. Why not have the additional feature? While i know achievements aren't that important its just something else to have fun with.

The only time i buy a game for the ps3 is if it's made for only the ps3 (MGS4, The Show etc)
Old 07-05-2008, 01:15 AM   #15
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

Yeah, I couldn't believe how much cleaner the 360 demo looked and felt. I hope that's not the case with the actual product. As for the feel of the controller, it's just what you're used to. It took awhile to get used to the 360 controller, and now it takes time getting reacquainted with the PS controller.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2008, 02:28 AM   #16
MVP

babyfat9's Arena

OVR: 14

After playing both Demo's on PS3 and 360....i prefer the 360. The gameplay is a little smoother on the 360 and teh quarterback lines off center less. Replay wise eventhough they say the PS3's replay has been fixed with the ball not rotationg and players not skating...i'm sure it's bound to happen sooner or later as u play the finish product. Graphic wise both are pretty identical. It's personal preference and I prefer to have the 360 version just a tad bit more. Not to mention I rather have a cover with McFadden on it then Ryan.

Monsters of the Midway
Chicago Bears

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »