Home

EA Focused Once Again on Visuals And Atmosphere

This is a discussion on EA Focused Once Again on Visuals And Atmosphere within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2008, 06:14 PM   #25
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Unhappy Re: EA Focused Once Again on Visuals And Atmosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
PWNED!!!!!!!!!!!
Shoot. Didn't mean it to sound that way. Just trying to provide some better insight into the development process and hopefully clear up some long held assumptions.

I apologize for the tone of my post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2008, 06:21 PM   #26
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: EA Focused Once Again on Visuals And Atmosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrandon
I feel for you if you really thought ea would put much effort in improving gameplay and AI. Our love for football has made fools out of those of us wanting a better playing game ea is all about gimmicks and hype. My brother has worked there for years but will remain nameless for obvious reasons.
I find it a little funny that you have been bashing both EA football games like its your job, and you just now mention your brother works there. So you are basically saying your brother sucks too right?
Old 07-08-2008, 06:26 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Then ask your brother, and he'll tell you that we have a seperate game team who's job is to improve gameplay and AI. They have totally different staff, management, budget, etc from the team that does the visuals and the atmosphere.

Changing the lighting, for instance, has no effect on AI. None. They are totally different engineering principles and skill sets anyway, so that guy doing rendering wouldn't be the guy you want tuning offensive line play (for instance).
I sure wish I could have a conversation with whoever is in charge of actual game play then. Because every time I ask a question, the only response I get from here is - ''not my area, sorry.''

Forward this to whoever is in charge of game play - ''Believe it or not, college quarterbacks actually do throw deep.'' Thanks in advance.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:34 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 0

All I want from EA is a realistic....sim football game. If its in the game...it should be in the game. If 2k can come close to doing this...I dont see why EA cant do the same.
There is NOTHING HUMANLY POSSIBLE that YOU can do to STOP ME.That is WHY they call ME UNCOVERABLE #85
Old 07-08-2008, 07:18 PM   #29
Rookie

SevenArmz's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by #85_on_a_mission
All I want from EA is a realistic....sim football game. If its in the game...it should be in the game. If 2k can come close to doing this...I dont see why EA cant do the same.
Because there is no other college football game you can buy! That is the only reason i continue to buy it. I love college football that much. But deep down i would like to see everything that was in last gen apart of next gen without sacrifice of this and that to save resources and space!
How can you tell the public that they will never see FCS schools? Do you know how many Hampton, NSU, Virginia State alums that still play thier last gen version just so they can have these schools? Your really being sour to a good fan base!
UNC Basketball - 1957, 1982, 1993, 2005, 2009
NY Mets - 1969, 1986
Old 07-08-2008, 08:03 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 9
First and foremost, we are less than a week away from "The Only Game That Matters......Period!"; AKA, the real Christmas season. I have always been a stickler for visuals, details, and atmosphere in football games, but gameplay is always priority number one. Aside from making gameplay the main objective, here are the visual details I would like to see included or refined in 2010 (Giving mad props to those who have posted these earlier)
In no particular order of importance:
1. Neutral stadiums and ability to choose stadium for scheduling dynasty games. NCAA 2001 for PS1!!! had every neutral field that was in play for real games. A huge (at least to me) forgotten feature of creating a dynasty schedule in 2001 was the ability to choose a stadium for every game. For realism purposes you could get a neutral matchup that maybe the game schedule makers forgot, or you could mostly make up fantasy match ups in pro or neutral stadiums. I would schedule a game with Texas at Cowboy Stadium, Notre Dame at Soldier Field or Hoosier Dome, ect. It's in the game EA.....
2. Progressive mud on field and uniforms during rain games on grass
3. Pregame ESPN GameDay and team specific entrances. The smoke at Miami, the script Ohio, play like a champion at Notre Dame, the big T at Tennessee, the Harley at Oregon, ect.
4. Impact player to watch pregame warm up footage with up to date season stats and NCAA/Conference ranks.
5. More detail, atmosphere, fan interaction, and post game presenation and celebrations for rivalry trophy games. Last year you got a yellow background banner with a congratulation message for winning a random trophy message......NO! I want to see the fans extra jacked for the game, the trophy holding team's cheerleaders bringing the trophy out before the game (possibly having it sit on their sideline during game), the winning team celebrating at the end of the game with the trophy, possibly in traditional team specific fashion (the Wisconsin/Minnesota Paul Bunyun Axe winner chopping at the losers goal post, the Stanford/Cal student body lineup exchanging the Axe)
6. New post game animations

My turniquette and surgical tubing is ready, I'm tapping my vein.....
Old 07-08-2008, 08:14 PM   #31
Rookie

Old Gold and Blue's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by janglar
First and foremost, we are less than a week away from "The Only Game That Matters......Period!"; AKA, the real Christmas season. I have always been a stickler for visuals, details, and atmosphere in football games, but gameplay is always priority number one. Aside from making gameplay the main objective, here are the visual details I would like to see included or refined in 2010 (Giving mad props to those who have posted these earlier)
In no particular order of importance:
1. Neutral stadiums and ability to choose stadium for scheduling dynasty games. NCAA 2001 for PS1!!! had every neutral field that was in play for real games. A huge (at least to me) forgotten feature of creating a dynasty schedule in 2001 was the ability to choose a stadium for every game. For realism purposes you could get a neutral matchup that maybe the game schedule makers forgot, or you could mostly make up fantasy match ups in pro or neutral stadiums. I would schedule a game with Texas at Cowboy Stadium, Notre Dame at Soldier Field or Hoosier Dome, ect. It's in the game EA.....
2. Progressive mud on field and uniforms during rain games on grass
3. Pregame ESPN GameDay and team specific entrances. The smoke at Miami, the script Ohio, play like a champion at Notre Dame, the big T at Tennessee, the Harley at Oregon, ect.
4. Impact player to watch pregame warm up footage with up to date season stats and NCAA/Conference ranks.
5. More detail, atmosphere, fan interaction, and post game presenation and celebrations for rivalry trophy games. Last year you got a yellow background banner with a congratulation message for winning a random trophy message......NO! I want to see the fans extra jacked for the game, the trophy holding team's cheerleaders bringing the trophy out before the game (possibly having it sit on their sideline during game), the winning team celebrating at the end of the game with the trophy, possibly in traditional team specific fashion (the Wisconsin/Minnesota Paul Bunyun Axe winner chopping at the losers goal post, the Stanford/Cal student body lineup exchanging the Axe)
6. New post game animations

My turniquette and surgical tubing is ready, I'm tapping my vein.....
Agreed, I'd love to see the Mountaineers stay on the field after a win and hear Country Roads played, along with all the great traditions in college football.

Also more in depth coverage of the teams and players would be cool too. And like another poster said, a physics engine like GTA4 would greatly improve gameplay and make the game more realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2008, 08:39 PM   #32
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettoshark
I could care less if the visuals are almost real. I want a fun playing football game again. Madden/NCAA on last gen was solid, not because of top notch graphics or atmosphere, but because the game felt right. And in the end, that's the most important thing to a video game.
My friend, you must not have an HDTV. Visuals make all the difference in the world.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »