Home

EA Focused Once Again on Visuals And Atmosphere

This is a discussion on EA Focused Once Again on Visuals And Atmosphere within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2008, 01:57 PM   #57
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: EA Focused Once Again on Visuals And Atmosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4solo
Come on u guys think here. I understand what u guys are saying but if it on the game it has to take up some space, it's impossible to have something on a game and not take up space. If that's the case they should use the "no space" format for every feature on the game. I don't know how many mascot teams there but i guessing at least 60, that u have different mascot player models for and they also even have ratings, though they are all 99. Now u can't tell me that doesn't take up space. Now if it doesn't take up space tell me what u would rather have 60 Mascot teams or 60 real FCS teams!
Lord, give me strength ...
Old 07-09-2008, 01:57 PM   #58
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
thanks. That is exactly the kind of answer I was looking for. For what it is worth, I was not aware that there was a whole new lighting system in place and that makes sense.

Also I was not personally stating that you took it out to add it back later and advertise it as new. It has been stated through the years that EA is famous for doing this. A feature that has been part of a series for 2-3 years mysteriously disappears for a year or two with no explanation. Then magically it is back and touted as a "new" feature. That is what many feel happens, and I was stating that removing the progression of day to night would only add to those that buy into that theory.

Sorry if it even remotely came out in a bad way. I just couldn't understand why that would have been removed. But alas I have been enlightened.

Thanks.
Do you have an example of a feature being taken out and then put back in as new? This has never happened to my knowledge.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:58 PM   #59
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4solo
Yea i guess u guys are right. But u could argue that player models for FCS teams are in the game to b/c u would have to use the same models as FBS teams. But i understand it would take more time to research rosters and have correct uniform colors and logos. Well EA hire me I will be the head of that dept. LOL!
But they need uniforms, fields, entries into the team DB, support for importing them into dynasty mode.... the list goes on and on.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:59 PM   #60
Rookie

nstod's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Do you have an example of a feature being taken out and then put back in as new? This has never happened to my knowledge.
I seem to remember the momentum meter being there around like 2000 or 2001 and then making a return in 2007, I believe. Anyone else remember this as well? Or am I mistaken? That could have been from one generation to another, though...
Old 07-09-2008, 02:08 PM   #61
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
i don't think its considered a feature, but the ability to edit a players class was possible in NCAA '07 for 360, then not in '08, and now back in for '09. but its not really a "feature", just an ability in a feature(edit player).

other than that, nothing comes to mind for the current-gen(360/PS3) NCAA.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2008, 02:14 PM   #62
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
i don't think its considered a feature, but the ability to edit a players class was possible in NCAA '07 for 360, then not in '08, and now back in for '09. but its not really a "feature", just an ability in a feature(edit player).

other than that, nothing comes to mind for the current-gen(360/PS3) NCAA.
Yeah.. I remember something like that. Sounds to me like what happened was the edit player screen was changed around and that got left out. When the oversight was noticed, it was put back in. I don't think it was removed on purpose.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:15 PM   #63
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstod
I seem to remember the momentum meter being there around like 2000 or 2001 and then making a return in 2007, I believe. Anyone else remember this as well? Or am I mistaken? That could have been from one generation to another, though...
Wait... so a PS1 feature showing up two generations later is removing a feature and then putting it back in?
Old 07-09-2008, 02:17 PM   #64
Rookie

nstod's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Wait... so a PS1 feature showing up two generations later is removing a feature and then putting it back in?
No, I was talking about PS2/XBox, not 360/PS3.

Just giving an example of EA's supposed removal and re-adding features. Not that I believe it, I was just providing an example.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »