Home

EA Conference Call With Sean Bailey, Lead Designer - Gamplay

This is a discussion on EA Conference Call With Sean Bailey, Lead Designer - Gamplay within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2008, 12:35 PM   #9
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: EA Conference Call With Sean Bailey, Lead Designer - Gamplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb0581
Do you know what this means? It means that online dynasties, with everyone in the same conference or division, is the way to go in '09. More human vs human games, fewer human vs cpu games. It will continue to be this way until they implement adaptive AI.
This isn't a good thing for me......

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 07-09-2008, 12:51 PM   #10
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Yeah, that is really upsetting news.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:59 PM   #11
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I was disappointed in the answer about the pass rush. It's pretty cheap to manufacture wide open gameplay by neutering the d-line in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2008, 01:02 PM   #12
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I'm not against the cpu keeping the same tendencies. Certain teams have a style and should play that way - even 10 years down the road. Just make sure they recruit the personel properly to execute them all the time. Until they add coaching changes, I don't have a problem with this.

I don't like the lack of adaptive AI. Also, while I appreciate the down and distance calls on defense - they shouldn't come out in goalline on 3rd and 20 if you come out in goalline - but this should be a consideration.

The OL vs. DL really needs a total overhaul next year. 2K4 did it a lot better. Not a gamekiller but the inability to slip by an OL without wrestling him isn't good.

Lastly, I don't like the speed calculation. I'm all for seeing a bigger difference in the fast players but using a non linear calculation isn't necessary nor is it realistic. Just make your speed ratings matter and be more accurate (along with acceleration and the way the players move including momentum). A 4.2 40 should be 99, 4.3 40 should be 95, 4.4 = 90, etc. I want accuracy, not a gimic to separate certain players although if the results work I can accept it.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:05 PM   #13
LPU
Rookie

LPU's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm all for the new Speed calculations. Sounds like a great idea to me. It'll really let the absolute speed guys be just that. I like that they'll be set apart.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:06 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 6

Pretty disappointing really, there was about 80% things we DON'T get to have this year and only about 20% things that they got right.

I love the NCAA series more than any video game series in history, but they fail to show drastic improvements from year to year. I really hope the final product is worth 59.99 this year.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:20 PM   #15
Pro

JBucc's Arena

OVR: 8

That wasn't encouraging. I think this game will have the same problem for offline players as past years in that it will get old quickly after a couple seasons of dynasty. I think I'll probably rent this game and wait for Madden and Head Coach this year. Madden for the gameplay, Head Coach for the crazy depth in the offseason. NCAA rented for draft classes.

Also in the demo smart routes is RB, did they change it to the right stick in the final game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2008, 01:38 PM   #16
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

sounds like the AI is going to be identical to last year. So for those who could live with it, should be happy with this year's game. Those who lost interest because of the AI will most likely loste nterest very quickly is this year's game.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »