Home

Official NCAA Impressions Thread (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on Official NCAA Impressions Thread (360, PS3) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2008, 12:51 AM   #25
Flyin' High

Birdman18's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Official NCAA Impressions Thread (360, PS3)

one thing i forgot was that when you throw an INT, you get to look a series of top down pictures to assess the defensive play.. you have 3 choices from plays to pick with 25 secs to pick them. if you get it correctly, you get an achievement.. kind of cool for the newbies to learn from their mistakes in the passing game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2008, 12:54 AM   #26
Rookie

Tig5309's Arena

OVR: 4

If you guys show season stats it would be cool to see a mix of QB numbers from the top, the middle of the pack, and the bottom. Thanks for filling us in.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:54 AM   #27
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetonmartin
Individual USC Offense Stats:

#6 (QB)
177.7 passer rating/ 244-353 / 3339 PYDS / 36 PTD / 8 INT / 278.8 YPG / 80 LONG / 29 Sacked

#13 (RB)
150 ATT / 1034 RYDS / 12 TD / 72 LONG / 1 FUM

#2 (RB)
88 ATT / 503 RYDS / 5 TD / 19 LONG / 2 FUM

#1 (WR)
65 REC / 926 YDS / 11TD / 52 LONG

#7 (WR)
64 REC / 964 YDS / 11TD / 72 LONG
Wow... these stats look very good compared to what Bill Abner was getting. What does the tackle stats look like? Who was the top tackler on USC? and how many tackles? Also, can you tell us the stats for Top 5 QBs and Top 5 LBs. Thanks!
Old 07-11-2008, 12:58 AM   #28
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint75
Could it possibly be because he is using the PS3 version while Bill is using the 360 version? I wouldn't think so but weirder things have happened.

Hopefully he sims a couple more seasons so we can see what the stats are like in later years.
On a personal note, it would be great for me if the PS3 version doesn't have the simmed stat problems that Bill Abner has mentioned since I'll be getting this for the PS3 version for the 1st time.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:02 AM   #29
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

One more thing ONETONMARTIN (since you have the PS3 version)... Bill Abner mentioned that after simming a few season, some stats would be missing (ex. team rushing stats). Can you sim a couple of seasons a verify if you are seeing this happen too. Thanks!
Old 07-11-2008, 01:08 AM   #30
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
One more thing ONETONMARTIN (since you have the PS3 version)... Bill Abner mentioned that after simming a few season, some stats would be missing (ex. team rushing stats). Can you sim a couple of seasons a verify if you are seeing this happen too. Thanks!
That's a good question I too would like to know this. If the problem's not in the PS3 version that would be excellent.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:22 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I hate to ask a player rating question, but I haven't been able to find the answer anywhere else on the 'net:

what is D.J. Moore's (CB #17 for Vanderbilt) overall rating and speed rating?

I only ask because he's Vandy's best player by far:

-- #3 CB prospect in next year's draft by many scout's account
-- unanimous 1st team all-SEC selection last year as a sophomore
-- led the SEC last year with 6 INTs
-- already on the pre-season watchlist for this year's Thorpe Award for outstanding DB

yet he didn't even make it into the top players screenshot that was posted a while back.
Cheers if you can oblige me with an answer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2008, 02:23 AM   #32
Flyin' High

Birdman18's Arena

OVR: 8

here are game 3 stats.. me vs my roomie

VaTech (me)34 W.Va 24

Tech

passing - Taylor 14-23 223 1 td 1 int
rush- K lewis 20 att 115 yards 1 td
taylor 6att 45yards

WVA

passing - white 11-14 191yds 1td 1 int
rushing - white 9att 53yds
devine 6 att 35 yards

overall not a bad game.. i dont feel like posting all the stats.. we both had 2 turnovers a piece.. i can definitely say the fumble glitch from last year is gone.. noel devine is fast as crap.. had a 101 yard kickoff return on me.... i played the run most of the game and he dinked and dunked me all day, hence the incredible accuracy... i threw 2 dumb picks right off the bat.. defensive battle all the 1st half, and VaTech(me) was leading by 3 with 2 mins left and got a critical first down with a sweet slip screen.. screens work well on here, as long as you set the up properly... even wr screens got me some quick 1st downs early on.. we both had 2 pass int. penalties called on us.. so that was sort of encouraging since we hadnt moved up the penalty slider.. still pretty tough trying to get use to the players responding so quickly with the stick, but its alot better controling them than last year.. overall i am pleased... on a side note, something kind of cool for you history buffs.. before each game they give 2 facts as its loading.. usually the 2nd one is kind of obscure.. the 2 i see for illinois was the story behind changing school colors from dartmouth green to blue and orange in 1984.. then 2nd one was about how they came up with the mascot name.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »