Home

Official NCAA Impressions Thread (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on Official NCAA Impressions Thread (360, PS3) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2008, 02:25 AM   #33
Flyin' High

Birdman18's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Official NCAA Impressions Thread (360, PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
I hate to ask a player rating question, but I haven't been able to find the answer anywhere else on the 'net:

what is D.J. Moore's (CB #17 for Vanderbilt) overall rating and speed rating?

I only ask because he's Vandy's best player by far:

-- #3 CB prospect in next year's draft by many scout's account
-- unanimous 1st team all-SEC selection last year as a sophomore
-- led the SEC last year with 6 INTs
-- already on the pre-season watchlist for this year's Thorpe Award for outstanding DB

yet he didn't even make it into the top players screenshot that was posted a while back.
Cheers if you can oblige me with an answer.

80 overall 89 speed
Old 07-11-2008, 02:27 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Awesome. Thank you.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:09 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 12

teams definitely have different styles. Seem to play to there strengths alot. The differential from the good teams to the middle of the road is huge!! Speed absolutely kills. Playing on ps3 as well. I really like getting pressure on the qb and watching him throw it away.

Last edited by jtdribbles25; 07-11-2008 at 03:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2008, 03:30 AM   #36
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdribbles25
teams definitely have different styles. Seem to play to there strengths alot. The differential from the good teams to the middle of the road is huge!! Speed absolutely kills. Playing on ps3 as well. I really like getting pressure on the qb and watching him throw it away.
Could you tell us more about the differences between the Demo and retail for us PS3 guys, if you played the demo? Is there stutter after the huddle and/or after the play? Did you play the 360 demo? could you compare to that. Anything that seemed glitchy or that you can compare to the demos would great.

thanks
Old 07-11-2008, 03:45 AM   #37
Rookie

oChaos_Nine's Arena

OVR: 11

Got a question on 2 things. In the demo there were glitches that I never seen questioned. One was when you ran the option and when you tossed the ball the RB would seem to lag when he caught the ball, it almost felt realistic like he was slowing down to catch it, but in a way it looked fake (The transition from toss to catch didn't look smooth). Could you elaborate?

Another thing is that sometimes during the demo I would do individual audibles for the D-line to do drop back in zone and when I did this and brought no pressure the QB would be stuck in the drop back animation and would never throw the ball until I would take control of a DE and try to sack him. Sometimes this happened even when I didn't put the D-line in zone. Not sure if it was a glitch cuz nobody was open or what.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:14 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
Could you tell us more about the differences between the Demo and retail for us PS3 guys, if you played the demo? Is there stutter after the huddle and/or after the play? Did you play the 360 demo? could you compare to that. Anything that seemed glitchy or that you can compare to the demos would great.

thanks
I haven't noticed that stuttering at all so far. I've played 6 full games and 4 or 5 that I didn't complete. The game feels slightly tighter than the demo. especially running. While I was playing the demo I noticed alot of the stuttering after the play and haven't seen it in the retail version. I did dl the 360 demo, and felt it played smoother than the ps3 version, but this sure seems very close. I even went back and played the 360 demo immediately after the retail copy today and I still think theres a very slight difference in the lighting or self shadowing or something, but it's very minute. There seem to be obviously many more animations available as well. And I probably played 30 of the short demo games maybe more. Just had a great, I mean great game. USC vs. UGA @ sc.

UGA USC
score 6 9
first downs 9 16
total offense 154 251
rushes - yards 15-30 25-53
comp-att-td 14-17-0 14-21-0
pass yds 124 198
3rd conv. 2-8 3-8
4th conv 0-0 2-3 (one failed in 2nd half. 2 on final drive 4th qtr.)
red zone td-fg 3-0-2 1-0-1
turnovers 1 2
fumbles lost 1 2
intercepts 0 0
pr yds 0 18
kr yds 81 72
total yds 235 341
punts-avg 3-36.7 0 ( no chance to punt. turn ball over
penalties-yds 0-0 3-20
t.o.p 7:11 12:54

interesting game as i got absolutely destroyed by UGA while using cincinatti. something like 42-10. I was able to run and control the clock, but ended up with costly fumbles before I could score. It was 6-0 at the end of the first half. To start the 2nd the commentator says, "obviously they can move the ball, but turnovers are the story of this game".... anyways. I dislike the incredible percentages that the qb's can complete but so be it.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:38 AM   #39
Think Different

onetonmartin's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971

thanks
You can throw out the idea of the demo and retail version being the same. They're a lot different. I thought the 360 demo was much more fluid without the hiccups so it got me worried about buying the PS3 version since it's my first year on the PS3.

but I assure you, the studders and hiccups aren't there anymore. It's a much more polished version of game.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:51 AM   #40
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Would like to see more full season sims. Qb stats, polls, etc.?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »