Home

Need some info

This is a discussion on Need some info within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2008, 01:05 PM   #9
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Need some info

It didn't happen for me in 08 till I was years deep in my dynasty and constantly simming.

My Video Game Streams
Old 07-11-2008, 01:06 PM   #10
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16

Maybe try simming a season and stopping the sim in the middle of the year and then looking through the stats to see if they all show up.

I think I sort of remember this from 08 too. It was very rare and like Cyros said, you could exit and reload and all was fine.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:20 PM   #11
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
The main issue people are having is that completion percentages are way too high across the board for QB's in simmed games. Also QB's are consistently finishing the season with stats like 40TD's and 1INT. Many are speculating this could make it very difficult for anyone playing the games to actually win the Heisman in dynasty. I don't know how much of an issue that part really is at this point though. It's something you guys will have to take a look and give some consideration.

As for the disappearing stats lists. Bill simmed a season to 2010 and the rushing stats came up as "no data" for all teams in the stat menu. He also had the same issue come up while he was simming the 2009 season and the passing stats came up as "no data."

He summarizes it on his blog, I'm sure not all of it would be considered and issue but you can have a look at it and make of it what you will. I will say this though, the sim engine in dynasty was pretty perfect last year.

http://nutweasel.blogspot.com/

i think this guy states it best. while the qb passing too is an issue, the no data thing is equally improtant as far as i'm concerned....

ant any rate, this is the heart of the entire problem as i understand.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2008, 01:26 PM   #12
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12

Feel free to PM me and we can go over this if you have the time. There's a lot of reading on the blog, both good and bad, that would take quite a long time to sift through.

Or call me. Whatever works. If you'll be at E3 we can chat there, too.

As for the No Data stat issue, it's not something that I can replicate on command. The first time it happened was after a full test sim in the year 2010. The second time was after stopping a season sim in week 5 of 2009 but upon completing the sim, the stats returned.

Editor in Chief Gameshark.Com
http://www.gameshark.com
Old 07-11-2008, 01:26 PM   #13
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudtiger
Maybe try simming a season and stopping the sim in the middle of the year and then looking through the stats to see if they all show up.

I think I sort of remember this from 08 too. It was very rare and like Cyros said, you could exit and reload and all was fine.
Yeah, tried that. A couple of us are going to be simming and taking in the data to compare to RL.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:42 PM   #14
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Ok.. now I got the No Data bug.

Gonna need to find out what is going on and get this fixed. Thanks guys.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:48 PM   #15
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

You can fix it like was suggested a few posts ago... save your dynasty, quit out, and load it back and they are there.

I'm still going investigate fixing this. I checked the bug DB and it was never reported by the testers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2008, 01:51 PM   #16
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Abner
Feel free to PM me and we can go over this if you have the time. There's a lot of reading on the blog, both good and bad, that would take quite a long time to sift through.

Or call me. Whatever works. If you'll be at E3 we can chat there, too.

As for the No Data stat issue, it's not something that I can replicate on command. The first time it happened was after a full test sim in the year 2010. The second time was after stopping a season sim in week 5 of 2009 but upon completing the sim, the stats returned.
Please PM me with your email address and we'll discuss this offline.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »