Home

Is PS3 Roster Problem Linked With 2.40?

This is a discussion on Is PS3 Roster Problem Linked With 2.40? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2008, 03:50 PM   #73
MattUMD224

OVR:
Re: Is PS3 Roster Problem Linked With 2.40?

so how long til we get all the people talking about writing letters again like year when madden sucked

Old 07-12-2008, 03:51 PM   #74
KOL
Charmer

KOL's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSKYWALKER1
On another forum someone posted maybe Auto-name all the players 1st them try renaming and see if this is a workaround. Who knows?
Who knows this could be the root to all the problems. Hopefully we find solution come tuesday. We just need 4-5 people testing it.
Old 07-12-2008, 04:17 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 2

(ok start the x-files music... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9SHxgeHiR0 here is a link to put you in the mood)

This idea might be in left field but here it goes...what if the NCAA did not want widespread rosters anymore for their games and because of the exclusive license, had the power to tell ea find a way to eliminate it. So ea came up with a glitch, so frustrating that they banked on no one fighting their way through it. Why didn't they make it impossible you ask? Because they knew some people may not buy the game, and also a definite "crash" in the game may have caused other problems in the game. So the ea locker is just a cover to seem like they supported free rosters when in reality they are trying to stop rosters, and no patch will fix it because ea won't be able to "reproduce" the bug. Yes, this is a crazy idea but what if...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2008, 04:18 PM   #76
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
I've yet to have a freeze and I have edited at least 6 players on 7 different teams. That includes about 5 different roster saves.

I did not do either 2.4 or 2.41. It could just be luck though. I probably just jinxed myself.
You're gonna have to be our saviour!!! I cannot play this game w/o roster names.
Old 07-12-2008, 04:21 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJTev21
(ok start the x-files music... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9SHxgeHiR0 here is a link to put you in the mood)

This idea might be in left field but here it goes...what if the NCAA did not want widespread rosters anymore for their games and because of the exclusive license, had the power to tell ea find a way to eliminate it. So ea came up with a glitch, so frustrating that they banked on no one fighting their way through it. Why didn't they make it impossible you ask? Because they knew some people may not buy the game, and also a definite "crash" in the game may have caused other problems in the game. So the ea locker is just a cover to seem like they supported free rosters when in reality they are trying to stop rosters, and no patch will fix it because ea won't be able to "reproduce" the bug. Yes, this is a crazy idea but what if...
This guy is crazy......or is he.....

Yup he's crazy.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:02 PM   #78
MattUMD224

OVR:

in the bugs/glitches thread

Quote:
so i just saw another little glitch...if you want to call it little.. so my roommate is taking Phil Steele's college preview and editing the ratings for all the guys that Mr.Steele has in his top 20 at each position..WELL, he was trying to edit someone on Wisconsin, and low and behold, there's no Wisconsin team to edit.. not only that, there arent any teams that begin with the letter W.... no West virginia, no wyoming...not one team that starts with W is there....last i checked, W came after V and before X... it goes from Virginia to Air Force

Old 07-12-2008, 06:39 PM   #79
Pro

OVR: 6

Hey guys,

I don't know if this will tell anyone anything, but for what it's worth:

I downloaded cdj's roster and all seemed okay, but then I auto-named all of the other players. As soon as I did that, I then went to the Edit Roster page and without making any changes, I tried to go back out of the rosters and the game froze up. I reloaded the game, and it did this a second time. Maybe it's something about all the names combined with cdj's roster.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:57 PM   #80
Pro

OVR: 6

Well, not I just downloaded cdj's roster, and it froze up even without extra names. I view a player and as soon as I try to go back, it freezes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »