Home

Is PS3 Roster Problem Linked With 2.40?

This is a discussion on Is PS3 Roster Problem Linked With 2.40? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2008, 10:56 PM   #33
MVP

ElroyJetson's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Is PS3 Roster Problem Linked With 2.40?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
I think maybe it was just CDJ's file. I think it's working currently, but they are saving often to not take any chances.
thats what im thinkin too it was the file , but idn if they made a new one and tryed it
Minnesota Vikings
JetLife
Old 07-11-2008, 10:59 PM   #34
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

It froze again on him. Can someone that has an id on both boards just get him to start over and see what that does?
Old 07-11-2008, 11:03 PM   #35
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

I'm not going to make any assumptions about some SDK causing this bug. From my experience, it has nothing to do with that. Details on this one are still fuzzy. When I left the office 4 hours ago, it was still one guy running into this problem. It is Friday night and the wife is out, but I suppose I'll head over to the other board and see if there is an update.

If any of you who somehow, someway have a copy of the game please try to reproduce this. If we are to fix it in a patch, the FIRST thing we have to do is be able to reproduce it in the studio. If we can't repro it, we can't fix it. So if you CAN repro it, what we need to fix it is 100% steps from a clean boot. That is no save files from the game being loaded, then steps that make it happen.

For instance:
1. Go to View/Edit Rosters
2. Do "this"
3. Do "that"
4. Do "this"
5.......- etc etc etc

Bug: Your screen will be locked up. If you follow these steps, it will happen every time. (or... if you follow these steps it will happen 25% of the time or whatever)

If you can get this info, we can fix it. This is the important thing. We see MANY bugs after release saying "Oh, I just did this and that happened" and we try it, but the bug doesn't occur. How can we fix that? This is the challenge of being a tester (for you guys that love to bash our testers!). It is not so much having a bug happening to you, but going back and finding out HOW to get it to happen to you. It is purposely breaking the game over and over.

I have testers looking into this bug, but we are all off for the weekend. I encourage anyone who wants to play Game Tester for a Day and has the game to get me the info as described above.

Last edited by OMT; 07-11-2008 at 11:08 PM. Reason: allowed scripts to make it readable
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2008, 11:04 PM   #36
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Geez... stupid firefox blocking scripts turned a well formated post into one blob of text!
Old 07-11-2008, 11:06 PM   #37
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
I have not installed either 2.4 or 2.41 and won't until I know there are absolutely zero issues with it.

I will be playing the game within an hour (or once my boys go to bed) and will try to do some roster testing before I go to bed tonight.

I have a hunch that the issue begins with 2.4 or 2.41. Just a wild guess. I am not happy with what happened to CDJ. I would be livid!

I'll make updates to several different teams, then save, do some more, then save.......We'll see what happens.
Please do. I'm sorry our testers didn't find this. Not much I can say other than apologizing on their behalf, ya know? I really doubt it is related to the firmware upgrade. I really really really doubt it, but one thing I have learned over the years is to never say it isn't. You can doubt it, but don't say it isn't .
Old 07-11-2008, 11:07 PM   #38
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Geez... stupid firefox blocking scripts turned a well formated post into one blob of text!
lol. If you want some info you should probably just pm cdj at the other board. From what he's saying over there it's completly random.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:42 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 2

looks like on the playstation forum that even 2.41 has some issues. I'm not gonna install it until I know all the issues are worked out.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:41 AM   #40
MVP

ElroyJetson's Arena

OVR: 20

too bad you cant convert a 360 save file to ps3 , if you could do that then we could just use the 360
Minnesota Vikings
JetLife

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »