Home

Gamestop

This is a discussion on Gamestop within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2008, 08:09 PM   #9
MVP

SqueakyD's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Gamestop

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbking26
First, i'm in a wheelchair and cant go to my local gamestop(20 miles away). So its easier
for it coming to me.

isnt it false advertising when they say "card will be charged when shipped." My card has been charged and when i called they said it was packed and ready to go. Still wont get it until Tuesday. I understand release date and everything, but why charge 2-3 days before
Are you sure it's not an authorization hold? The charge won't become "official" until the game gets shipped out.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:23 PM   #10
Pro

bbking26's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SqueakyD
Are you sure it's not an authorization hold? The charge won't become "official" until the game gets shipped out.
Is there a difference?
Old 07-11-2008, 08:56 PM   #11
MVP

SqueakyD's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbking26
Is there a difference?
Well, a hold is more like a deposit. Here's a site that explains it pretty well. It's good to know when it comes down to using the credit card, especially online.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/cons...dit/cre11.shtm

If you're not near the limit, you should be fine with the hold.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2008, 09:36 PM   #12
Pro

bbking26's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SqueakyD
Well, a hold is more like a deposit. Here's a site that explains it pretty well. It's good to know when it comes down to using the credit card, especially online.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/cons...dit/cre11.shtm

If you're not near the limit, you should be fine with the hold.
All he said it was ready to go. So if it comes back on my card i guess it was a hold.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:39 PM   #13
Rookie

twthomas's Arena

OVR: 5

If I were you I would call and demand that they take that charge off my card. Unbox my product and wait until monday to box it back up and ship it. Its just ridiculous that you would have to be burdened by such lack of concern for the customer.

I am certain this wouldn't delay your shipment behind the hundred of thousands of other copies and then you would certainly show them!!!!

Seriously, no this is not 'false advertising'. Is it misleading? Yes. Does it make thousands of anxious buyers think thier merchandise is shipping early? Yup! But false advertising? No, that it is not.

If you want to dig deeper you can look around at the National Better Business Burea website and see the plethora of shaddy things that retailers do to lure customers.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:47 PM   #14
Pro

bbking26's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by twthomas
If I were you I would call and demand that they take that charge off my card. Unbox my product and wait until monday to box it back up and ship it. Its just ridiculous that you would have to be burdened by such lack of concern for the customer.

I am certain this wouldn't delay your shipment behind the hundred of thousands of other copies and then you would certainly show them!!!!

Seriously, no this is not 'false advertising'. Is it misleading? Yes. Does it make thousands of anxious buyers think thier merchandise is shipping early? Yup! But false advertising? No, that it is not.

If you want to dig deeper you can look around at the National Better Business Burea website and see the plethora of shaddy things that retailers do to lure customers.

Thats a good one
Old 07-11-2008, 10:28 PM   #15
Rookie

Militant X 1's Arena

OVR: 2

i hate going through all that card stuff...so i just go into gamestop myself and pick up my copy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2008, 10:35 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Any retailer or wholesaler will create the invoice when your order is picked as long as they get it out within the next business day they are fine and within their rights. They are held to an accounting standard that keeps their inventory in line with their sales. No legitimate business such as Gamestop would operate otherwise or they would never pass an audit especially the perpetual inventory physical counts of on hand inventory vs. purchases and sales.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »