Home

Ideal patch scenario

This is a discussion on Ideal patch scenario within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2008, 04:30 PM   #33
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Ideal patch scenario

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Yeah, that's what I am after . You're so smart there Sherlock.

What I want is a final polished game, not an invitation to to join a 60 dollar beta test. I'd like a football simulation that I don't know, simulates real football. Sorry I am not wagging my tail like some lapdog every time an EA rep posts in a thread or I am critical of a product he is trying to sell to me! I like to be sure of my purchases, if that's looking for a myth, then so be it. It beats being an idiot.
yes, but you making it seem like EA the only one doing it. every game, no matter the developer, has its problem.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 07-12-2008, 04:35 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

IMO, EA is hyping this feature this year hard EA Locker. Which consist of mainly Roster sharing and EA is well aware of this, correct? Of course. Seems to me someone on that staff should have taken a PS3 & 360 and tested that feature. It would have been worth it don't you think now that we have found this mess that were at now? Again, of couse. I'm not knocking OMT, I'm grateful for your feedback personally. It's just everytime EA put's out a product it's always something massive that the consumer finds out after the purchase. As a consumer OMT you would be frustrated. Madden 07, fatigue broken, patched and fatigue still broken. NBa Live 08, could not fully edit and no one found about it till after purchasing. I could go on but there is a pattern here. Maybe the answer is a few more staff perhaps? I can promise you with a few more staff you probably would increase sells to justify because then we would get a better product and everyone wins. I love the game this year I was one of the lucky few to get it early, but extremely disappointed in what I am finding out. But again OMT. Thanks for not ignoring and giving udates/feedback. Peace!!!
Old 07-12-2008, 04:36 PM   #35
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
yes, but you making it seem like EA the only one doing it. every game, no matter the developer, has its problem.

They are the only company making a college football game.

If Live was the only option I had for pro basketball gaming, I'd be questioning them in the Live forum a well. I don't. Do you know why that is?

I never said that other developers games don't have problems, but we're talking about this one right now. Understand that please.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2008, 04:36 PM   #36
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Yeah, that's what I am after . You're so smart there Sherlock.

What I want is a final polished game, not an invitation to to join a 60 dollar beta test. I'd like a football simulation that I don't know, simulates real football. Sorry I am not wagging my tail like some lapdog every time an EA rep posts in a thread or I am critical of a product he is trying to sell to me! I like to be sure of my purchases, if that's looking for a myth, then so be it. It beats being an idiot.

I understand what you are saying. But let's say ou are correct that 5 of those months are spent checking major issues like you said. That still leaves a whole month to check out the stat generator, ghost juking and other minor glitches. Like it said, it took one guy les than a week, surely 60 people could find them in 4 weeks.

But no, they need the 30 million dollar beta test first, that's the bottom line.
t-rob, I understand where you are coming from. Bugs in games are annoying, especally when they persist from year to year (depth chart glitch, lack of CPU deep ball, etc.). I'm just as disappointed as you are finding out that NCAA has these problems.

I think where you go awry is trying to frame it as a problem entirely unique to EA. It's not. Every game, from every gaming development company, has bugs in it. Both NBA 2K8 and College Hoops 2K8 needed patches to fix some significant gameplay issues and other glitches. MLB The Show 08 (a VERY highly regarded game) also received a patch to fix issues. Hell, even Grand Theft Auto IV needed to whip up a patch to address the errors that PS3 users were getting when attempting to play online.

Point is, bugs are just a part of the gaming world. Think about what you are saying: what would EA have to gain by purposefully allowing the game to ship with known bugs in it? How does that help them in any way? If they knew bugs existed, they would be fixed if at all possible. Hopefully some issues will be corrected in the patch.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 07-12-2008, 04:38 PM   #37
Flyin' High

Birdman18's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
it doesnt help that EA sports hasnt had ONE title on any next gen system thats been remotely close to polished. like the old saying goes, you have to take two steps backward to take 1 step forward...in this case, about half a mile backwards to take 2 steps forward
Old 07-12-2008, 04:39 PM   #38
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman18
it doesnt help that EA sports hasnt had ONE title on any next gen system thats been remotely close to polished. like the old saying goes, you have to take two steps backward to take 1 step forward...in this case, about half a mile backwards to take 2 steps forward
Did you happen to play NHL 08? That game seemed to be a big hit with hockey fans.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 07-12-2008, 04:46 PM   #39
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
I think where you go awry is trying to frame it as a problem entirely unique to EA. It's not. Every game, from every gaming development company, has bugs in it. Both NBA 2K8 and College Hoops 2K8 needed patches to fix some significant gameplay issues and other glitches. MLB The Show 08 (a VERY highly regarded game) also received a patch to fix issues. Hell, even Grand Theft Auto IV needed to whip up a patch to address the errors that PS3 users were getting when attempting to play online.
Talking about other games in here would be irrelevant largely. We're talking about NCAA Football made by EA. I never said that it was the only game that has issues. BUt we're talking about this game made by this company specifically. It's like you said, we see the same problems exist for years in this game. Every iteration brings some new hype making feature but silly little bugs can't get corrected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
Point is, bugs are just a part of the gaming world. Think about what you are saying: what would EA have to gain by purposefully allowing the game to ship with known bugs in it? How does that help them in any way? If they knew bugs existed, they would be fixed if at all possible. Hopefully some issues will be corrected in the patch.

What would they have to gain? Money of course. Time that could b spent making sure the stat generator isn't pumping out 40 elite QB's a year costs money, and why spend money to fix that when you know most people will take it as is. Sure, they might complain on a message board or two, but bottom line, will they still buy it? Look at this board and tell me if that isn't an emphatic "yes we will EA"?

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 07-12-2008, 04:55 PM   #40
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
They are the only company making a college football game.

I never said that other developers games don't have problems, but we're talking about this one right now. Understand that please.
there wasn't much competition before anyway, but understand the need for choices i guess.

for the rest of it, fine. but just understand games are harder to make/test these days compared to the older days. i was just using the other games as an example of how other games are also suffering from it too.

Quote:
If Live was the only option I had for pro basketball gaming, I'd be questioning them in the Live forum a well. I don't. Do you know why that is?
don't really play basketball games, so i wouldn't know, nor care.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »