Home

Ideal patch scenario

This is a discussion on Ideal patch scenario within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2008, 08:54 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Ideal patch scenario

Im a major lurker on these boards but I feel I have to share my feelings on this for some reason. My major problem with peoples description of how their games have gone is the special teams coverage, I think that has to be fully addressed if any patch is released, special teams is 1/3 of the football game, so essential that means it's a third broken, if people are so upset with it that they are willing to supersim it than thats just indicative of how serious it is, returning punts and kicks is supposed to be one of the major draws of college football, if its too easy either way than thats unfortunate.

2, accelerated clock, it just maked things so much easier, and i love seeing those 15 minutes on the clock at the start of each quarter, if madden is going to have it than there is no reason why Ncaa shouldnt.

3, The last major thing that should be addressed imo is the stat gen in dynasty, specifically the inflated qb stats and rb ypc, as well as too many lb's in the top 40 of having pics, stats have to be as true to the game as possible, why else play dynasty.

If these things can be adressed in a patch I truly believe this can be the best football game EVER, this comes from only playing the demo mind u, I dont know if u guys noticed, but the players in this game look more real than in any other football game ever, including espn, the responsiveness on both offense and defense is amazing and the core gameplay aspects are all there, sure there are improvements that cane be made(improved offensive and defensive ai, better in the trenches gameplay, etc.) but this could very well be the start of something great, I personally cant wait to get my copy, i just pray i dnt have to wait 30 years for a patch to come out that can make this game so much better, as good as it might already be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2008, 08:57 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Ideal patch scenario

So IF a patch was made available this game would be complete sometime in late August probably. First the patch has to be created and pass some sort of testing standards. Then it has to be released to Microsoft and Sony and is basically on the back burner. It would be outstanding if they would actually test these things before putting them out.

BTW MLB 2k8 had issues to be patched at release and it took over month I believe.
R.I.P. #21
Old 07-11-2008, 10:22 PM   #3
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31

ideally we wouldn't need a patch.

BUT, I do like your ideas. I think are many more things that can be fixed, and surely something will come up with Online Dynasty that will need patching up.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:27 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

The ideal patch would include fixes for interceptions and the sim engine. Considering they couldn't fix these issues with a new game, I'm 100% sure they won't fix these issues with a patch.

Last edited by tswells; 07-11-2008 at 10:29 PM.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:32 PM   #5
Rookie

I wouldn't wanna play with an accelerated clock. Correct me if i'm somehow mistaken but can't that screw you over big time if you're trying to drive down the field late in the game?

I mean think about it. You're down a TD with a minute left starting on the 20 with no timeouts. Any vet of this game knows how much time gets wasted when try to hurry up after a huge gain. Now imagine all that time running off double-time! Yikes! Its like having 1:00 on the clock that actually runs out in 30 seconds.

No thank you.

If it works such that time returns to normal late in the game or something like that then I still don't like it. It'd just feel too much like an artificial/fake/unfair game clock.

awful demo - Lonnie1892
Quote:
Me no like game. Graphics make Lonnie puke. Lonnie no play NCAA no more. NCAA=suck. Lonnie=not suck. - AuburnAlumni

Last edited by VWarrior; 07-11-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2008, 10:41 PM   #6
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

I have a feeling we will see the patch sometime in September. Which isn't bad at all really. It seems like they're working on it now and if they complete it sometime next month/end of this one it'll probably come out in September.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:45 PM   #7
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

It's been interesting to see how the whole concept of "patches" has developed for console games. Back in the PS2/XBox days patches were rare and only for the most serious of bugs. During the start of this generation the patch talk usually began a couple months after a game's release. Now we're having real discussions about patches before the game even drops!

Like auburntigersfan said, it would be nice if patches weren't necessary, but it's nice to see EA taking advantage of the ability to fix things after release.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 07-11-2008, 10:47 PM   #8
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Forget ANYTHING gameplay. First fix the roster editing glitch for ps3. Then we'll talk gameplay fixes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »