Home

Rent before purchase? Anyone else?

This is a discussion on Rent before purchase? Anyone else? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 02:37 AM   #9
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Rent before purchase? Anyone else?

I think anyone on the fence should strongly consider renting first. If the game is awesome, you will know so first hand, and the couple bucks it costs to rent the game was well spent. If the game blows, you will have saved $55 and avoided a lot of disappointment and frustration. Again, money well spent.

Now that games cost $60 + tax, and sports games tend to have some issues that require a patch, buying on release is more risky than ever. I've been burned a couple times this generation and have sworn off release-day purchases.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 07-13-2008, 02:57 AM   #10
Rookie

okstate19's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
Yeah, after the past two years (with NCAA '07 & '08 being major disappointments IMO), I've gone from wait and see approach... to thinking "this game looks much improved, I'm picking this up on day one" ... now, back to rent first and maybe buy later. Right now, my number one worry is that I won't be able to play with named rosters on the PS3.

That's exactly the way I feel. If I can't use rosters...and use them in a functional manner..then the game is all but pretty much ruined for me. (I have a PS3 also...so who knows when a completed version of the rosters may surface)

People may not see it that way, but rosters are what makes the game for me. You wouldn't want to play Madden with QB#18 for the Colts, or WR#81 for the Cowboys. SF#24 doesn't quite have the same ring as Lebron James. It's just not the same.

The gameplay sounds good, maybe even improved. Save for special teams, multiple ints (which is still under scrutiny), and some pretty dumb defensive a.i. at times.

It's the game crashes and invisible players that I'm worried about.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:10 AM   #11
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I am going to wait for the dust to settle. Early impressions tend to be emotional on both sides of the border. People are excited when they first open a game, and aren't inclined to think that they just wasted $60. On the flip side, some folks have expectations that are just too high, or perhaps they have a priority that was botched.

In a few weeks, there maybe some easy workarounds, or perhaps more issues?

I am a big NCAA fan, but have been very frustrated with the last few verions......So I am approaching '09 very cautiously. I don't want to sign up for 50 hours of slider testing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2008, 03:33 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 12

I was an NCAA renter this year before all these glitches came out. I should be getting it sometime late in the week I'm guessing. If I wanted to, I could have gotten the game on Friday but I refuse to run out and blindly buy it.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:16 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

I've been burned too many times by EA on the 360 that I swore I would buy used as not to count for a sale for them, even if I did like the game. After seeing all the glitches tonight I will rent first and then if I like it I will buy used.

I hope that one day 2K will make football games again.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:35 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

As much as I like this game this year, I'm gonna tell my buddy's to wait on purchasing this bug filled product. Fiardale has found another MAJOR BUG where teams are disappearing when editing. This is really really bad!!!!! If I had to do it over again I would have waited to purchase 09. Fellows wait and see a couple of days how this thing plays out before buying. Peace!!!!!
Old 07-13-2008, 05:02 AM   #15
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

I've changed my vote after reading FK's post. This isn't even a rental now. I will contribute 0 funds to EA's 500k player Beta test, lol, this is ridiculous.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2008, 05:12 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
I've changed my vote after reading FK's post. This isn't even a rental now. I will contribute 0 funds to EA's 500k player Beta test, lol, this is ridiculous.
I was about to change/add to my post this is not even a rental at this point. I wish I could get my money back.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »