Home

NCAA 09 Gameplay Issues (response from EA)

This is a discussion on NCAA 09 Gameplay Issues (response from EA) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2008, 12:59 PM   #17
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: NCAA 09 Gameplay Issues (response from EA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
I posted about this a short while ago over at MM:
http://www.operationsports.com/mm/sh...36#post3054636

My goal for next year to reall change this vicious cycle is to
A) get videos of basic gameplay out much sooner for feedback
B) bring in community leaders MUCH earlier, and more often

Unfortunately that's about as good as I can do...open beta testing just isn't possible.
thats a step in the right direction. Thanks Ian.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-13-2008, 01:03 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
I posted about this a short while ago over at MM:
http://www.operationsports.com/mm/sh...36#post3054636

My goal for next year to reall change this vicious cycle is to
A) get videos of basic gameplay out much sooner for feedback
B) bring in community leaders MUCH earlier, and more often

Unfortunately that's about as good as I can do...open beta testing just isn't possible.
I feel the most pressing issue is the editing/roster issue right now. Others would argue that statement. Maybe beta testers could be used in the future to help these type of fiasco's. Thanks for keeping us informed and good luck fixing this. Peace!!!
Old 07-13-2008, 01:06 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberooski
I wish EA worked on Sundays before release to fix the bugs. I mean it probably should be a pretty big weekend for these guys and their would be nothing I'd like more than to put my copy of the game in on Tuesday and see a window pop up that says it's downloading an update. Good luck Ian and the gang.
If only it were that easy. The patching process takes weeks, sometimes even months. After they make the intended fixes, they then have to test it. And that's not even factoring in the time it takes MS to certify the patch.

It's nice to see the folks at EA addressing the situation before the game has officially released, though.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:16 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Patch tha freakin rocket catch. I can't stand it already. Way too easy; way too easy.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:26 PM   #21
MVP

WDOgF0reL1fe's Arena

OVR: 27

Ian, I am very curious as to one thing that I have been wanting to happen for a while now.

Why do NCAA and Madden need to be released at the exact same time every year? Why dont you guys delay one month or so if you need to? I totally understand that the development cycle you guys have is so small, and I believe that just ONE extra month would help you guys find things that normally wouldn't be found. Hell, use the "Usual Release Date" as the date you go gold, that way you can have those 2 or 3 extra weeks to test with community leaders.

I know Im not the only one who would be for a delay if it was for the greater good. Thanks Ian for keeping in touch with us at OS

Follow me on Twitter yeah.
@WillSoistman
Dibs: Jennifer Aniston

"Success isn't earned, it's leased. Rent is due every damn day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2008, 01:39 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32

Also, can we make sure both patches(PS3, 360) come out at the same time?
No way to guarantee that unfortunately...once it leaves our hands and is off to the manufacturer, the time can vary in terms of when they post it.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:48 PM   #23
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Ian, it has also been reported that the Sub In/Out sliders don't actually do anything. The user isn't having guys automatically subbed in and cpu isn't subbing in players unless they are completely gassed, so they are only seeing one RB or the same two DT's for the entire game when playing the cpu. I know it's not as big a priority as the other stuff, but it would be nice if we saw those sliders work (they did work well in the past) properly so that the cpu would use a DT rotation and give other players on the roster some touches.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:53 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
One thing that I think would help is if the community day was a little different. I know everyone wants to play the game, but playing user vs user doesn't tell the story of how certain aspects of the game work. Have one person from the time they get there play dynasty so that they can report on roster issues, sim stats, and other bugs that go along with playing that mode.

Also have someone that does nothing but play the computer when they are there so that they can see what issues exist there. I am hearing some say that the computer won't sub, still no penalties, sliders still not having an effect, and the CPU punt return coverage being sub-par. Maybe things like this can be caught. Maybe it is not possible to do this, but anything that can save you headaches at this time of the year would probably be welcome by yourself and other devs who visit the boards. A win-win for all involved is the best thing.

One other thing that you may or may not be able to answer? On all of the OS forums, they have been looking for community leaders. All the forums except Madden and NCAA. Why is that? Does EA not want anyone from OS there? If this isn't your area, all good, just wondering.
Great points.

I'm not sure about the lack of OS guys...that sounds strange (especially since I'm here most of the time). I'll have to check into that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »