Home

There is NO ISSUE with the Pass Rush

This is a discussion on There is NO ISSUE with the Pass Rush within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2008, 01:29 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 30
Re: There is NO ISSUE with the Pass Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I highly doubt the sliders are reversed. There may be a placebo effect but guys were saying the same thing about the INT and knockdown sliders last year. Wasn't true then and I doubt its true now.
Yeah, I went into practice mode and was doing fine with my normal sliders. They caught a few, I got a pick, they got a TD, it was fine. Then bumped them (particularly QB ACC) up to 100. The QB went 5/5 for 4 pinpoint TDs.

Every year "the sliders are reversed!!!!" Then they aren't.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:29 PM   #50
MVP

SlyBelle's Arena

OVR: 10

I have to jump on Auburn's band wagon as well....I defintely see a change in the CPU's passing game when you reverse the sliders. For the very first time after countless number of games, the CPU QB is not super and making bad throws. I have already seen a variety of different bad passes.

Whatever the reason is, this is great news that a way has been found to tone down the CPU. This was my biggest concern.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:30 PM   #51
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I don't think we changed the code for them, however every screen in the game is updated every year to go to the new look. So what could be happening is the actual screen element is backwards and nobody caught it.
Thanks OMT for clearing that up for us. Just curious if you could run some tests of your own and see if or how the sliders are working?

Last edited by Rules; 07-14-2008 at 01:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2008, 01:30 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I can attest to the QB pressure as I've gotten pressure also. Every game? No. Seems more random than anything else right now but I've had games with pressure and some without. Either way the game is a BLAST.
I have to agree with you Skyboxer on this assessment. Some games I get 3-5 sacks some 1-2 and that is on default AA. I have not even touched sliders I'm also on PS3. My son who is on 360 says he can't get any pass rush. So take it for what it's worth.

Last edited by Flightwhite24; 07-14-2008 at 01:34 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:30 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
I posted it in the impressions thread, but I'll say it again here.

I just finished a game against Wisconsin (#9) with Michigan (87 on defense) on All-American. I put every single offensive CPU slider at 100 and every single user defensive slider at zero.

I held Wisconsin to 13 points playing 12-minute quarters, and notched 8, yes 8, sacks. Not to mention their QB went 12 of 34, but with only 2 INTs.

Can I say this again, just so that it will sink in a bit?

User break-block at 0.
User tackle at 0.
User awareness at 0.

CPU pass block at 100.
CPU QB accuracy at 100.

All-American.

13 points allowed. 8 sacks. Only 2 INTs.

If it's not clear enough, what I'm getting at is that if you're not seeing any defense on this game, you're not any good at defense. Sorry to put it that way, but there it is.

On a more positive note, for my money, all the "no defense" posts (my own included, I did make a couple) can be safely dismissed, imho.

This game simply gets better every game I play.
Technically, if you need to use sliders to get the Pass Rush working then there is an issue.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:38 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 21

Can a dev answer these questions ?

Which dline player ratings are the ones that effect how well a lineman gets to the QB ?

Lets say this ability that determines how fast/well a dlineman gets to the QB is 85.
He is facing a Olineman who has a passblock rating of 75.
How many times/how fast will this Dlinemen get to the QB on average if he got 20 snaps per game ?

I am asking questions like this because I dont think people should base how many sacks they should be getting per game on real life scenerios, but however the math behind how the game determines it should be based on real life percentages.

With that said, if everyone at least had an idea what to expect out of their 85 rated dlineman, alot of this speculating and game bashing would dimenish because you got something to baseline against what you are seeing/expecting.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:54 PM   #55
Pro

OVR: 0

No offense undefeated but we really cant trust you are anyone else anymore. All we can do is wait and play ourselves. IMO..it has now become an individual skill level thing just like last year and the turnover issue. After reading this post and many others...I have come to realise this.

Quote:
A few more games in.

Dudes, this game is good.

I have something to say, and I'll probably get flamed for it, but here goes.

Think about something. "Defense sucks on this game" vs. "I suck at defense on this game."

Been playing on Varisty my last six or seven games now, and I'm allowing between 17 and 24 points per with Michigan, playing 12-minute quarters.

Might it be that guys just aren't good enough at defense yet? (And I stress the word yet so as not to offend anyone.)

As for offense being too easy, I'm not buying it anymore. Sliders will work here.

The short story is: I'm getting closer and closer to saying that this game is dope with a capital D the better I get at it. (Who'd a thunk it?)

Issues with the return games? Yes.

Lack of penalties? Yes and no. I just finished a game in which the CPU had 5 and I had 7. Still not enough since I have the sliders maxed, but if you work the snap count (something the CPU doesn't do, unfortunately), you can pile up a few.

No pass rush? Not a problem on Varsity or Freshman. Does that mean AA and Heisman are "broken," or that I, personally, as a gamer, can only generate a pass rush on Varsity or Freshman? Hmm....

Otherwise? Seriously, I'm seeing fewer and fewer issues with the core gameplay the better I get.
There is NOTHING HUMANLY POSSIBLE that YOU can do to STOP ME.That is WHY they call ME UNCOVERABLE #85
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2008, 02:09 PM   #56
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20

Oh God! The game hasn't even been released yet and we are already talking about backwards a** sliders? If this is true the game itself is backwards and there's just no excuse. This is 2008 folks, and if the "professional" reviewers slam this game and sales blow chunks then I would check the EA employment postings.

I will not be buying this game unless I see a significant patch come forth from EA, and the discovery of a good reverse slider set is not going to change my mind.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »