Home

NCAA Football 09: To Buy or Not to Buy?

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09: To Buy or Not to Buy? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2008, 11:39 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 2
I believe that the best NCAA Football game was NCAA 07 for the XBOX and PS2. While this game did have a few bugs, all the features such as the presentation (player intros, celebration scenes), create a team, Division IAA schools were included. I have a PS3 with full backwards compatibility and I have spent countless hours playing this game. I also own the game for the original XBOX and I have many Dynasties that I have been playing with different teams. These features have been left out of NCAA 09 which is why I will not be buying this years game. NCAA 08 was in my opinion a horrible incomplete game missing many features. Maybe NCAA 2010 if EA can finally get all the features included that were on the last generation systems. If not, I will continue to play NCAA 07.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:55 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 10
EA is still pulling the wool over peoples heads with these games. I'll rent it first, i'm very skepical about purchasing EA's game outright. Madden will be a rental, then if its good, i'll buy it. To many times i bought the game and then a month later return it. I'm tired of this exclusive deal stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-15-2008, 01:21 PM   #51
Rookie

Ungee34's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA Football 09: To Buy or Not to Buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdishnshoot24x
im getting it no matter what....its not the same playing 08 when 09 is out you know, so im going 2 take a chance & buy this offensive oriented game and hopefully fixing the defensive AI, everythng will be fine

Power to the SHEEPLE!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2008, 01:25 PM   #52
Rookie

crd829's Arena

OVR: 2

I just went to my local Best Buy with every intention on picking it up, as i held it in my hand i kept rehashing everything i read on here. I just couldnt buy it. Maybe next year
Old 07-15-2008, 01:27 PM   #53
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd829
I just went to my local Best Buy with every intention on picking it up, as i held it in my hand i kept rehashing everything i read on here. I just couldnt buy it. Maybe next year
Wow, now that is some will power. If that would have been me, I would have some how justified buying it only to get it home, play a few games and then let it collect dust as I hate arcade games.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:34 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 0
The game is great. People are just being too picky. It is much better than last year.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:39 PM   #55
Pro

OVR: 7
unreal. well it looks like i will be waiting to see if a patch comes out, when it comes out, and if major issues are addressed. i was really psyched for 09...but as usual, EA sports lets me down again. {sigh} thank goodness NCAA 2004 is still fun. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2008, 03:52 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 1

Here is the deal!
I Have bought the game every year for 11 years and have enjoyed it until last year on the PS3. When Iowa's uniforms have been messed up so bad that it is unbareable to play the game, I would suggest not to buy it. For a proud Hawkeye Fan and College football fan, I would have to say that the integrity of this series is sacrificed. I just hope it can be redeemed.
I can live with out team specific bowl game endzones and tunnel entrances but this is the biggest eye sour.
So No unless they come out with a patch to fix glitches and all of the uniform issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »