Home

NCAA Football 09: To Buy or Not to Buy?

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09: To Buy or Not to Buy? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2008, 03:35 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NCAA Football 09: To Buy or Not to Buy?

It is understandable if you found yourself confused or lost through all of the madness of this past weekend in the NCAA Forums here at Operation Sports. Now that we have made it to Monday, d-day for many NCAA gamers, it is time to start thinking if NCAA Football 09 is worth the money or not. Be sure to check out our latest article, NCAA Football 09: To Buy or Not to Buy to help make your decision!

Quote:
"The collective NCAA community has gone through a huge range of emotions the past 48 hours or so. Those emotions have undoubtedly ranged from envy, anger, concern, confusion, crazyness, and even sheer joy for some.

This wide range of emotions all stems from many gamers across the country scoring early copies of NCAA Football 09. Unfortunately, these select few gamers have taken the NCAA Community along a wild ride which has led to many gamers deciding to discount buying NCAA Football 09 altogether."
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2008, 03:43 PM   #2
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22
LOL I knew this would happen. Typical EA. I was looking forward to the game but I will wait until a patch hits before I buy.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:48 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA Football 09: To Buy or Not to Buy?

Can you not edit the default rosters yourself?
Old 07-14-2008, 03:54 PM   #4
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

I have been all over the place with whether I should or shouldn't get NCAA 09.

I think I need to keep reading impressions from those who I know have similar abilities and expectations as I do. No matter how difficult it is for me, I need to resist that urge to run out and buy it at this point. I will need to give it a few days and let it all digest some more before dropping $60 on a mild upgrade from last year in regards to gameplay.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:57 PM   #5
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10

I passed on last years game after renting it and finding it to be a turnover fest. I had hopes for this year but after all this I may not even rent, let alone buy. I will definately see what is fixed before I do anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2008, 03:58 PM   #6
MVP

dodgerblue's Arena

OVR: 19

I think it is important to remember that EA used "wide open gameplay" as its selling point for this year's game. To expect a patch is going to come that would in some way change that is misguided.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:08 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Well, if they could fix all the stuff on that list. I'd be the best football game ever, but since they were unable to fix it prior to release it's probably not going to happen. Maybe next year EA you might want to fix the previous games issues before trying to add new features.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:31 PM   #8
Rookie

vegaas's Arena

OVR: 5
I have to laugh at this and think back to one of those fact or fiction articles. The overwhelming consesus was that this was supposed to be the year EA football games made a comeback to being strong games. I asked then and will ask now, on what basis? What has EA ever done to make you believe that and now that you see the problems with NCAA how confident are you feeling about Madden? I really wish All-Pro was made again this year with a fictional league and franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »