Home

To Design Team

This is a discussion on To Design Team within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2008, 09:30 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 21
To Design Team

I think problem #1 as somewhat evidenced in early reactions to the game is Design team Reality vs User Expectation.

You guys design the AI to perform each task then test it to see if it does what you expect and if it does you ship it with the game. So a hook zone assignment for a LB ships as your interpretation of what a hook zone assignment for a LB should be.

Joe User gets the game and plays it with HIS expectation of what a hook zone should cover. If his view aint in line with your view the screaming begins. Front Page Sports football had these assinment logic boxes that would let you choose what a player was suppose to do when he got to that spot and in what order you wanted him to do whatever assigment. I am not advacating you do that but driving home the point that in that game when you ran a play you understood completely what your man was doing and why so if he got burnt you knew why.

I think you guys to some degree should give the user some idea of whats going on during a givne assigment so people can at least have an idea why things may not be playing like they expect and then they can adjust their play calling accordingly.

Also knowing how the player ratings effect the assignment logic would help also. One would say just look at thr ratings and figure it out, but again, when designer reality does not mesh with user expectation it promotes alot of confusion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 07:42 AM   #2
MVP

Re: To Design Team

bump
Old 07-16-2008, 07:54 AM   #3
MVP

Re: To Design Team

One thing I just thought about in regards to the blitz. I gotta test again tonight to make sure Its consistent and its not just me going nuts.

I notice if you call a blitz and dont move anyone or the blitzers are behind the Dline, they run SLOW. If you call show blitz though they seemed to attack fast at a good speed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »