Home

Anyone have an Wii impressions?

This is a discussion on Anyone have an Wii impressions? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2008, 06:41 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Anyone have an Wii impressions?

no one wants to be the guinea pig?
Old 07-15-2008, 06:52 PM   #18
lav
Rookie

OVR: 4

I actually thought about being the guinea pig, but...and this is sad...Sparty being on the cover was the deciding factor not to buy it. I'll still buy it eventually, but that was the last thing that ran through my mind when I was standing there w/ both games in my hands.

I'm of editing Michigan's roster. I keep checking the pc to see if anyone's bought the game yet...back to work.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:10 PM   #19
Rookie

zoltranite's Arena

OVR: 8

I have the game. I bought it with all the special deals that Gamestop has for their trade ins towards buying it. I have not played a single game yet. I am wiling to take questions. The only thing I have done is play the practice mode. I played as Sam Houston vs. Stephen F. Austin.

Impressions on gameplay. First of all, I had Madden 07 for wii but decided not to get 08 because a close friend said it sucked. Anyway, I gonna be honest. The game does have that kiddie feel to it because every time you fumble or throw a pick or anything some announcer out of no where yells what just happened. If I could find a way to get rid of the text that comes up and that wierd announcer guy, I would say its a good buy.

One other thing I didnt like is that I was used to the wii remote and nunchuk controls of Madden 07. They dumbed them down a lil bit this year. i want to raise both hands for a catch... on this game you only raise one. For a big hit I want to have to thrust both hands forward, for this game you only have to thrust one. Playing wii is nothing like playing football and I understand that if I want realism I should just find some people and go play... but the way the Madden 07 controls worked was that they were semi simular to the real thing as far as motions are concerned.

Graphics wise, you can make the arguement that the PS2 version looks better, and Im playing with component cables.

feel free to ask questions here or PM me.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:12 PM   #20
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Can you turn the annoying ball trail off?

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 07-15-2008, 07:14 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 7

I don't post over here often, as I'm usually a regular on ncaastrategies.com (status of that place unknown, BTW). I have this for the Wii on a rental basis, and I'll pass some a few general gameplay comments aka I'll be the guinea pig. Since today is my wives and I 2-year anniversary, I was surprised to get some game play in. Tomorrow I will really hammer out some more thoughts. Here's my judgments:

- You can turn off the All-Play (thank God) and play it regularly. Its a bit tedious at first, but many of the controls are simple and they provide tutorials to work on the basic plays. To add on, you can turn off the gay ball track. As for the lame "Touchdown" graphics, I don't think so. Tomorrow I'll tackle more gameplay...as I just did some practice w/Nebraska offense vs New Hampshire Defense.

- Surprisingly, for as primitive it looks, it plays really well. More about this later.

- Not many game modes to choose from (Mascot Mode is highlighted, ugh.). But it does have the dynasty mode as expected.

- Another downer is the lack of create a school/create a player. You can edit rosters w/zero problem, though.

- Overall, I am pleased. When we accumulate enough points on our Best Buy card, I'll be using the $50 gift certificate to get this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2008, 08:01 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 26

Gameplay with some dynasty mode is all I need!
Old 07-15-2008, 08:47 PM   #23
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

If you guys could try figuring out ways for roster sharing, that would be great.

But besides that, the controls don't work like Madden 08? One arm to catch instead of two? What are the lame touchdown graphics? Is the All-play thing the one that controls the actions being yelled out and stuff like the previous poster said?

Keep impressions coming, please!
Old 07-15-2008, 10:06 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
If you guys could try figuring out ways for roster sharing, that would be great.

But besides that, the controls don't work like Madden 08? One arm to catch instead of two? What are the lame touchdown graphics? Is the All-play thing the one that controls the actions being yelled out and stuff like the previous poster said?

Keep impressions coming, please!
I will try to do best I can to address your questions. If anyone has other questions, e-mail me at [email protected], or AIM me at user name p1ottydawg. Its a 50/50 shot for me to return any replies/e-mails tonight (wedding anniversary today plus severe weather in area), but whatever there is, I will look at and address first thing in the morning.

The controls issue is new to me, but I somewhat like them. Overtime, with extended play they will become natural. Added note of emphasis: For coach moders like myself I am not sure if its included. That type of testing will come tomorrow.

The lame TD graphics are indeed that: lame. Stars of all kinds pop up with block letters of "touchdown" across the screen. Well, duh, I know it is.

The All-Play thing is indeed the one swipe and everything is controlled. I'm not 100% certain that it yells out things at you, as one of the first things I did was shut the All-Play off.

Rosters...man, I'll look at tomorrow. I have a 2008 preview somewhere I can use. Might have to dust off some skills to make this happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »