Home

Gamespot review up - gets a 7.5 rating

This is a discussion on Gamespot review up - gets a 7.5 rating within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2008, 01:03 PM   #25
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Gamespot review up - gets a 7.5 rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC_Pete
I don't see how last years version would score better than this years after playing one game. There are glaring issues, yes, but last years game was like playing football against superhuman competition with the psychic AI. I definitely like the dumbed down AI of this year, but it does need work, it is a bit too "dumb"..

This is why I refuse to buy this year's version. I hate games where the AI is dumb. I have been watching countless videos of AI players doing everything they can to avoid tackling a player especially if that player has a breakaway. This is EA's attempt to go after the casual gamers and alienate the hardcore players who have come to purchase their games every year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2008, 01:08 PM   #26
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Same reason the NBA 2k scores fall/stay the same even though the game has gotten better every year. Finally, a reviewer appears to be reviewing games based on the same criteria. In years past, it seemed as though EA football games were judged with different rules compared to other sports games (including EA's other offerings).
Yep. It is nice to see someone actually reviewing a game based on its merits - or lack thereof. In years past, Madden and NCAA were always good for an 8.5 or higher, regardless of whether or not the game being reviewed was actually better than previous years or not.

And, it's not like 7.5 out of 10 is a terrible score.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 07-15-2008, 01:10 PM   #27
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

Here is an idea:

Give the casual non-playing gamers a 3 touchdown lead to start the game. Make them feel like they have a chance even if they don't watch or understand college football cause they are the ones who matter the most.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:16 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills
In related news, EA is closer to it's hostile takeover of Take-Two:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6193458...s&subj=6193458

Once the competition is eliminated entirely we can expect even better football games from EA. You know ... since there is no competition to worry about and stuff.
Oh well, looks like 2k9 B'Ball might be the last real-sim game we will ever see!!
Old 07-15-2008, 01:22 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
Yep. It is nice to see someone actually reviewing a game based on its merits - or lack thereof. In years past, Madden and NCAA were always good for an 8.5 or higher, regardless of whether or not the game being reviewed was actually better than previous years or not.

And, it's not like 7.5 out of 10 is a terrible score.
It also seems impossible to score a Madden or NCAA game below 7 (BLASPHEMY!!!), but some of the impressions I have read indicate something along those lines. My XBox 360 went out a few days ago, so I'll have time to hear some more impressions before I possibly buy the game in a couple of weeks.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:25 PM   #30
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
It also seems impossible to score a Madden or NCAA game below 7 (BLASPHEMY!!!), but some of the impressions I have read indicate something along those lines. My XBox 360 went out a few days ago, so I'll have time to hear some more impressions before I possibly buy the game in a couple of weeks.
I will probably get the game once it hits the bargin bin. After reading so many of these reviews it is just a matter of time
Old 07-15-2008, 01:26 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake88
im scratching my head over how the game was released and shipped with the roster errors and gltiches. when knowing people who criticize you guys on nothing but well... alot of glitches are gonna jump on this like wildfire.

Im sorry to say but you guys don't help your cause with the consumers when these type of elementary issues make people think twice about buying your products.

im just sayin...
Elementary issues?-I hope you are saying that tongue in cheek.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2008, 01:29 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
I will probably get the game once it hits the bargin bin. After reading so many of these reviews it is just a matter of time
The game will have to make a tremendous rebound, be it by patch, sliders, or further examination for me to buy it-in other words it's a longshot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »