Home

Gamespot review up - gets a 7.5 rating

This is a discussion on Gamespot review up - gets a 7.5 rating within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2008, 01:19 PM   #65
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Gamespot review up - gets a 7.5 rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
The hate machine is in overdrive.

All these people saying the game sucks b4 playin it.

If you've read any gamer review, they are all frustrated with the stupid bugs, but bottom line they enjoy the game.

What matters to you. The game being right or the game being fun?
coz ncaa sacrifices a bit of realism for more fun.
Define fun for a hardcore football fan and player?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 01:28 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerSooner11
Well imo I think it at least deserves an 8.0+ whatever. But that's just me..I dont think it deserves lower than an 8.0 at all.
Bugs aside..Yeah i agree.. im 34 years old.. been there done that..had my time spent in football gaming and NCAA 09 is definately a nice step up from last year and alot of other football titles in recent years and is definately an 8.5ish game imho..not 7.5 score..wow, but then again, GS have been known to be hard on games with its reviews sorta like Famitsu is with its hardcore slapping with game reviews.

With that said.. i see some points GS made but i feel NCAA has made more positive moves this year over last year..also people ..more specifically game reviewers need to praise the atmosphere of 09 a bit more then what has been given. To me.. with its solid gameplay..the atmosphere really really helps cover up the negative aspects of the game..im having a hell of alot of fun with 09.. most fun in a football videogame i've had since NFL2k5, honestly.

Minus the bugs in 09..the game is a 9.0 imho

Last edited by Moegames; 07-16-2008 at 01:31 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:52 PM   #67
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

If Gamespot gave it a 1.5 would you all care if you actually enjoyed the game? I think the review is about right...For those you that haven't taken notice, EA did just sell us a broken game right out the box...Yet I see some defending them like they did us a favor. If you like the game as is then thats cool, but if you want what was promised to you or atleast a game where you are able to access whats been advertised you should be disappointed....With that said theres alot I like about the game but theres so much more thats missing or broken! More of broken than missing.....

I guess thats the advantage of being the only developer....
Old 07-16-2008, 02:06 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 17

No coincidence that it's pretty much the exact same people complaining now who were complaining about the game before it was even close to being released. If you don't like it, don't buy it. And don't presume that you're affecting anybody else's decision on the game. Simple as that. What's even more mind boggling is that these same people sped so much of their time on EA game boards talking about how much they hate it. When I don't like stuff I pretty much eliminate it from my life. I hate the Nintendo Wii and the shovelware library of games it has......yet you won't find me dive-bombing the boards for Wii games wasting my time hating on them. If it's a game i've played and genuinely feel i got hosed on I might spend several days being pi$$ed about it and posting reviews.....but it's not a year round activity for me like it is to many around here.

Last edited by metallicatz; 07-16-2008 at 02:08 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:10 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 6

I love the game
Old 07-16-2008, 02:32 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
The hate machine is in overdrive.

All these people saying the game sucks b4 playin it.

If you've read any gamer review, they are all frustrated with the stupid bugs, but bottom line they enjoy the game.

What matters to you. The game being right or the game being fun?
coz ncaa sacrifices a bit of realism for more fun.
The game would be more fun, at least to me... If it included a CPU deep ball, CPU running game, rosters that don't crash your system, kick/punt returns that don't end up on the 40-45 yard line, CPU defense AI that can actually stop me, and sliders that actually adjust game play to my liking.

I'll take - ''The game being at least somewhat right'' option.

Until then, I wouldn't give it more than 7... and that's being kind.

Last edited by Anti Honor; 07-16-2008 at 02:35 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:34 PM   #71
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by stateprop
Lets see why hmmm a ohh i got some dumb down AI, kick/punt returns are way too easy. HMm lets see freaking alot of miss tackles. Happy trigger offense. I mean come on ncaa 09 is a 7-7.5 nothing higher. how about we get a ptch to fix these things and maybe it shoud be a 8.5. cpu doesnt throw deep ball wow. Cant believe i bought into the hype again goddamit. i dont know why i havent learn my lesson yet.
Yeah me either......Oh well. See ya.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 02:43 PM   #72
Rookie

bases1616's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake88
im scratching my head over how the game was released and shipped with the roster errors and gltiches. when knowing people who criticize you guys on nothing but well... alot of glitches are gonna jump on this like wildfire.

Im sorry to say but you guys don't help your cause with the consumers when these type of elementary issues make people think twice about buying your products.

im just sayin...
It is definitely better than a 7.5. I thought IGN's review score was right on. I already like this game better than last years and Gamespot gave that a 8.0. The college atmosphere, playablilty, and fun factor after scoring touchdowns are the best EA has ever done for any of there college football games. The roster glitch was not mentioned in there review so that can not be part of the score.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »