Home

I just bought my last EA Sports game...

This is a discussion on I just bought my last EA Sports game... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2008, 03:16 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: I just bought my last EA Sports game...

I'm just gonna toss this out there for the hell of it....are you sure your card isn't full? Might not hurt to create a new one, assign it, and go from there.

And I'm not gonna claim to know more than I do, because I haven't tried to go online with a PS2 title on the PS3. But on the PS2 the EA Sports games always required some sort of save data on the card for the online portion.

Just a thought.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:20 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactiveman
That would be like Ford or Chevy advertising a car "with leather seats" at a certain price and when you go down to buy the car they're advertising it really has plastic seats. Don't know how EA gets away with it.
You've never tried to go buy a car you see in a TV ad have you? That happens ALL the time in the car world.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:27 AM   #19
Rookie

razcan's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactiveman
I'm gonna give the clowns at EA's tech support one chance to give me the right answer. If I don't get the right answer from them, I'm gonna blow a gasket.
Thats gold.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:24 AM   #20
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

*awaiting Wii and PSP owners to start complaining about not having online dynasty as well*

Question. Was it listed on the back of the box or in the game manual?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 07-16-2008 at 07:55 AM.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:05 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
*awaiting Wii and PSP owners to start complaining about not having online dynasty as well*

If I looked at the EA site I would come away thinking this game had online dynasty for the PS2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 09:23 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

they'd have a right to. As you go from tab to tab on that page, they even refresh all of the X's indicating what this year's version has....so when I read that, it's a clear indication that each different version has what they mark off.

I don't know how deceitful they are.....but someone there is lazy and/or stupid.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:24 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Or maybe the PS2 version just doesn't run flawlessly on the PS3. That's, you know, a pretty distinct possibility. EA sure as hell isn't going to forsake PS2 owners, since the PS2 is still selling like crazy and has a massive user base.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:43 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrobeast
Or maybe the PS2 version just doesn't run flawlessly on the PS3. That's, you know, a pretty distinct possibility. EA sure as hell isn't going to forsake PS2 owners, since the PS2 is still selling like crazy and has a massive user base.
Well it would literally be the first EA sports title that had an online compatibility while running on a PS3. Which at the end of the day it doesn't surprise me, I mean every year it's something...if EA isn't stripping a feature that I'm looking forward to, not adding an obvious simple upgrade, our the code is flat out broke there's always something that disappoints. And it's not just me not getting what I want...it's conscious decisions on that companies side that erk's people. And when they're the only game in town it adds to the frustration.

In this case, the online piece being broken, and I'll say it again, is either 1) a conscience decision (which I believe) or 2) gross incompetence.

I'm starting to believe EA Sports management is the LA Clippers of video gaming. Doesn't matter what they do they don't get it right, and if the money keeps rolling in....meh, who cares?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »