Home

The sliders that are reversed are:

This is a discussion on The sliders that are reversed are: within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2008, 03:40 AM   #73
Rookie

jackson's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: The sliders that are reversed are:

Bad phil, I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to call BS on this. On the second video two lineman were pancaked/cut and there was no real pressure on qb save maybe one lineman. that video seems to me to be bad cpu qb ai programming. the first video was an almost all out blitz which in my games have been successful on occasion. the third video really is very typical of a common passing play by cpu, not really any evidence of anything. sorry bout these impressions but i'm just not feeling ya on those. anyone else.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:41 AM   #74
Rookie

firktaf's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
I tried that earlier and didn't see much difference (on Heisman difficulty FYI).

Maybe I'm seeing things.

Damn you EA. Damn you to a hell without cookies and milk.

I kid. I kid.
This is interesting. I've been testing the sliders myself for the last couple hours. I too am playing on Heisman and I too am not getting any results from dropping the CPU RB Ability down to 0.

The only things that I'm absolutely certain of at the moment are:

User RB Ability and User QB Accuracy definitely affect both the User and CPU. And, the only time I've had any wide open dropped passes was when I had WR Catching down to 0 and everything else at 100. I didn't see any CPU drops though.

Last edited by firktaf; 07-16-2008 at 03:45 AM.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:42 AM   #75
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson
Bad phil, I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to call BS on this. On the second video two lineman were pancaked/cut and there was no real pressure on qb save maybe one lineman. that video seems to me to be bad cpu qb ai programming. the first video was an almost all out blitz which in my games have been successful on occasion. the third video really is very typical of a common passing play by cpu, not really any evidence of anything. sorry bout these impressions but i'm just not feeling ya on those. anyone else.
Fair enough but it was the opposite of the kinds of things I was experiencing prior to making the changes. I would get completely stonewalled and have no forward progress whatsoever from the front four. The QB would literally just be able to stand there like a statue and unload. Now I seem to be able to flush him out of that far more often. Not to mention in this game right now I have sacked him five times and I'm not even through the second quarter.

I'm definitely not saying it's fixed, guys are still falling around out there like it's a soccer game, but the cpu QB is not just standing there for five seconds anymore.

Last edited by bad_philanthropy; 07-16-2008 at 03:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 03:45 AM   #76
vs. the World

frankplastictrees's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm on All American, and there were a couple of cases where I was playing the DT and within a second I was blowing pass the OL after the QB. Only problem was the QB was able to elude the sack by running from me, but it did cause a bad throw.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:46 AM   #77
Rookie

jackson's Arena

OVR: 5

just out of curiosity, bad, what settings are you using. i am using aa sliders on all american with 8 min quarters. i'm am generally very conservative on defense but lately i have been blitzing a lot more. do you use preplay stuff like show blitz cheat safeties, bump and run, etc. . stuff like that all the time?

also what teams have you been using for test purposes? have you used a horrible team vs. a powerhouse getting the same results. ou's d line has made the tx backfield their stomping ground as of late. what i'm saying is that I just feel that while it is not accurate all the time, more often it works decent. our differences could be that your sense of what "should" happen and mine are different, dont know.

Last edited by jackson; 07-16-2008 at 03:49 AM. Reason: more
Old 07-16-2008, 03:52 AM   #78
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson
just out of curiosity, bad, what settings are you using. i am using aa sliders on all american with 8 min quarters. i'm am generally very conservative on defense but lately i have been blitzing a lot more. do you use preplay stuff like show blitz cheat safeties, bump and run, etc. . stuff like that all the time?
This was mainly a test game on AA 7 minute quarters. Had CPU RBA at 0 (assuming it is actually CPU Pass Block) and my break block at 100. Usually I mix things up, but even with an eight man blitz it would all just get stopped at the line of scrimmage and go nowhere. No preplay adjustments on the plays I posted, but I have been trying all sorts of them prior to this. I've set some pretty exotic blitzes up over the past few days trying to get pressure. So far nothing really compared to what I'm seeing now.

I'm about to try out LSU vs a cupcake and see what happens. But basically I understand what you're saying about the differing senses of what should but my main thing right now is that this feels drastically different to me than it did before these changes.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:55 AM   #79
Banned

OVR: 2

Guys, try it on varsity and tell me what u think.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:00 AM   #80
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

on AA, i put Human and CPU WR catch at 0. the CPU dropped alot of balls(QB threw 50%). when i played as Texas Tech, my WRs didn't drop many if any(i was throwing around 85%). but when i played a game as Arkansas State, my WRs could hardly catch anything(60% QB acc). so i don't know.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »