Home

The sliders that are reversed are:

This is a discussion on The sliders that are reversed are: within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2008, 01:42 AM   #33
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: The sliders that are reversed are:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpycraig
no, the CPU's Accuracy at 100 = Human Wide Receiver Catch at 0, if you want HUM WRC at 100, set CPU Accuracy to 0
And the hip bone's connected to what?
Old 07-16-2008, 01:49 AM   #34
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State-31 UNC-27
I just played a half, so TIFWIW....

but there is SOME truth to this.

I set it up so that, according to the original poster, the CPU pass block should be 0 and their run blocking should be 100 and running ability should be 100.

I saw a definite IMPROVED pass rush from my team. Several sacks when I had been seeing none. It's easy to tell when the CPU feels the pressure because they pull the ball down very quickly. I probably saw this five or six times, in one half.

So I think that it is quite possible that CPU RBA=CPU PB

However, when I set my RB and RBA at 100 looking for improved CPU rush game, I found that my ground game just got incredible. Tough to tell with the CPUs....I need to play a run heavy team to test that. Even if HUM RB and RBA do control the CPUs, I think it also controls the HUMs, just like I believe the QB Acc goes both ways

EDIT: by the way, I had CPU RB at 0 in order to attempt to make my RBA poor, but it did not do that. I also had CPU PB at 100 in order to attempt to make my RB 0, but it did not work either. With CPU PB at 100, their PB did get worse however with CPU RBA at 0 as well.....I know, its confusing, but it goes with what the OP said
This lends itself to my idea that the gameplay guys didn't actually improve the stupid QB AI they just figured out how long the QB actually needed the o-line to block before it could start making plays in the passing game. In the past it wasn't able to react quick enough to make plays if there was a consistent pass rush.

I don't know what that issue would be, maybe it has something to do with the fact that there are so many calculations going on to make everything happen on a specific play and the game engine just can't calculate what the QB needs to do fast enough.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:52 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoSparty
I saw a few deep balls (25-30 yarders) in the games I played today.
oh i don't doubt that they do occur, but not nearly enough or in some cases not at all. In real football stretching the D is something EVERY team tries, even most option teams take a shot deep a few times a game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 01:52 AM   #36
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16

HUM QBA actually is CPU QBA
HUM RB actually is CPU RB
HUM RBA actually is CPU RBA

Here is where it really gets hairy.

CPU RBA actually is CPU PB
CPU WRC=0 actually is CPU WRC=100 (reversed)

HUM WRC at 100 actually is HUM QBA at 0
HUM PB is only correct offensive slider.
CPU QBA at 100 actually is HUM WRC at 0
CPU PB at 100 actually is HUM RB at 0
CPU RB actually is HUM RBA

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I went with
h/cpu
qba 45/100
pb 50/100
wrc 100/100
rba 55/50
rb 60/50

all d at 50/50

If I translate that thru your handy dandy guide, I get

qba 0/45
pb 50/50
wrc 0/0
rba 50/55
rb 0/60

thoughts:
no way is human qba 0 as runnning the input setting through your guide says it is. I can throw deep and accurately. Surprisingly I would say even though cpu qba is set to 100, I fully doubt it is 100. Feels lower than 45.

PB - cpu pb is set to 100, saw no sacks, but through your guide it should be 50. Not enough played to comment.

WRC is set to 100/100, but your guide shows it as 0/0. This I could believe. I saw more drops than when I've had it set to 0/0.

RB - my rb should be 0 through your guide. My line's blocking ability was fine. Felt like default.

Overall I might buy WRC is reversed, maybe qba too, but I'd have to play more.

1 10 minute quarter played

ISU 3 - MIZ 7 (me)

ISU
rush 8-10-46yds
pass 4-9-46yds

MIZ
rush 7-29
pass 8-12-62
Old 07-16-2008, 01:54 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State-31 UNC-27
I just played a half, so TIFWIW....

but there is SOME truth to this.

I set it up so that, according to the original poster, the CPU pass block should be 0 and their run blocking should be 100 and running ability should be 100.

I saw a definite IMPROVED pass rush from my team. Several sacks when I had been seeing none. It's easy to tell when the CPU feels the pressure because they pull the ball down very quickly. I probably saw this five or six times, in one half.

So I think that it is quite possible that CPU RBA=CPU PB

However, when I set my RB and RBA at 100 looking for improved CPU rush game, I found that my ground game just got incredible. Tough to tell with the CPUs....I need to play a run heavy team to test that. Even if HUM RB and RBA do control the CPUs, I think it also controls the HUMs, just like I believe the QB Acc goes both ways

EDIT: by the way, I had CPU RB at 0 in order to attempt to make my RBA poor, but it did not do that. I also had CPU PB at 100 in order to attempt to make my RB 0, but it did not work either. With CPU PB at 100, their PB did get worse however with CPU RBA at 0 as well.....I know, its confusing, but it goes with what the OP said
OK...played some more.

Trying to explain better what I did. Basically, I took the OPs post and decided I would take his word for it and set it up so that, according to HIM, the CPU pass block should be bad, their running game should be really good, and my running game should be really bad. Read the original post to see what numbers should be what (Basically, HUM RB and RBA at 100, CPU RBA and RB at 0, and CPU PB at 100)

In my first half I found that I got much more pressure on the QB. I also found this in my second game. I don't know why, but it appears that CPU RBA may in fact be CPU PB.

In my second game I played against Navy and they tore up Georgia's defense on the ground, leading me to believe that HUM RB and RBA also affect CPU RB and RBA (remember, CPU RB and RBA were actually set at 0, yet they TORE IT UP against UGA in this game). Since I also had improved RB and RBA, I believe that HUM RB and RBA controls both. People also seem to think HUM QB ACC controls both HUM and CPU QB Acc, so this may be a theme.

Those are my findings.....I can't speak for the rest, or every single one of these, but there are very apparently some ridiculous happenings with these sliders. I don't believe my findings to be anomalies, players were literally moving completely different than before and how the sliders suggested they should.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:56 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 2

You need to put CPU RBA at 0 to get sacks, as that is actually CPU PB.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:57 AM   #39
vs. the World

frankplastictrees's Arena

OVR: 7

I will give some some of these a try right now.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:58 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascocm
You need to put CPU RBA at 0 to get sacks, as that is actually CPU PB.
Hey man, read post 37....I think I tested a large part of your theory the most logical way possible and it seemed to mostly agree.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »