Home

Is it a given that EA will provide a patch?

This is a discussion on Is it a given that EA will provide a patch? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 03:32 PM   #65
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Is it a given that EA will provide a patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I think some of you are reading to much into this. I completely understand the postion OMT is in and how is only limited to only so much input. I am in no way blaming him that is what i have stated before.

BUT as being a EA rep with a inside info, I wanna hear EA's side on why to release a title with these issues.

I wanna hear what EA told them, if this was discussed???? ect ect.
I'm not an EA Football fan, never have been, I love 2k football and I'm pissed that Visual Concepts and 2k can't make NFL games any more. (That is the NFL's Fault) Because of this I andgoing to give it my all this season to become and EA Football fan. That said even I know the answer to this question.

NCAA Football 09 like every other NCAA Football game EA has made has a release date of right around mid July, always has, always will. Why? Two reasons 1. the College Football season it just about to get underway. 2. Because the game sells thousands of copies X $60.00 each = a big old boat load of cash. For EA to delay the yearly release of this game would mean the loss of several hundred thousand dollars. And when we have this same disscussion a month from now about Madden 09 it will be the same answer just change the Thousands of dollars to Millions.

PS: NCAA Football 09 is not perfect and has issues that need to be addressed, it seems they are being addressed. Do I like buying a game and having to wait for it to be fixed?, no, but knowing it will be fixed puts me somewhat at ease.

One more thing, since I'm not all that good at EA football games being a 2k guy, I am actually having a blast playing my Dynasty in NCAA 09.

Hey OMT, how about adding the Maine Black Bears into the game next year? I believe they were in 04 or 05 for the original Xbox.

Last edited by JMD; 07-16-2008 at 03:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 03:43 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I think some of you are reading to much into this. I completely understand the postion OMT is in and how is only limited to only so much input. I am in no way blaming him that is what i have stated before.

BUT as being a EA rep with a inside info, I wanna hear EA's side on why to release a title with these issues.

I wanna hear what EA told them, if this was discussed???? ect ect.
He may have an opinion about this, but the general theme of your question is asking him to be critical of his employer and his fellow co-worker's IN PUBLIC. I believe he's said he is here at OS in an official capacity, why do you expect him to criticize his superior's? No EA rep is going to want to answer this question for several reasons, you seem to be aware of what those reasons are, why do you still ask?
Old 07-16-2008, 03:44 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 2

The guy said he will report back when he has more info, yet countless people are hammering him for some sort of "official EA response to this and that".

Give me a break. If a significant amount of time goes by and he does not report any info, fine...call the developers out on it. Otherwise I am just not sure what sort of official EA response you expect. If there is some sort of formal response it will be from a PR department that has done 36 drafts that go through the legal department and a statement issued.

Calling out these devs who are participating in the community as some sort of marketing stunt is just bizarre, and jumping on them for not offering some EA response is simply being unrealistic.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:46 PM   #68
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSU ILLEST
He didn't say that he thought you went to FIEA. He said Central Florida.
Which has nothing to do with FIEA being a video game development school .

But I did go to UCF aka University of Central Florida.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:52 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Which has nothing to do with FIEA being a video game development school .

But I did go to UCF aka University of Central Florida.
Neither one of us ever said it did

He asked that question because you said you worked your way up and didn't go through college, but earlier you said you went to UCF.

I don't even know how FIEA was associated with what we were trying to figure out. We weren't referring to that program in any way.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »