Home

I Love The Game, Am I Alone?

This is a discussion on I Love The Game, Am I Alone? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2008, 11:59 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: I Love The Game, Am I Alone?

You are defiinitely not alone because I love it too!
Old 07-16-2008, 12:01 PM   #34
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

I really love the game. Does it have issues? Yes. However the game is really fun. I was on the fence about getting it early, but I did and I love it.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:10 PM   #35
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11

Sign me up.. No, you're not alone.. Great game! Haven't had any issues thusfar after about 7 hours of gameplay. I'm still looking forward to trying custom stadium sounds and online dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 12:12 PM   #36
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm also enjoying the game, I've heard alot about the not able to play defense. But I've held the CPU to under a TD (6 min, AA) when I was using a top 5 team. When I was using a average team they had did alot better.

The only major issue I've see is the return game.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:13 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

I love the game also. It's a lot better than last years. It may have it quirks but it is still a good game. I haven't had any issues with stoping returns passing is another story however.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:17 PM   #38
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubz
Picked it up last night, played a few dynasty games with Texas, then played a buddy in some online games, and I loved every second of it. Are there issues? Yes, of course there are, but overall it's one hell of a football game. I almost didn't buy it because of all the negative reaction, but I'm gald I did. If anyone wants to play some legit football tongiht, hit me up I'm dubz on3 on the 360.
I'm right there w/ you dubz along w/ the others in this thread.

I played probably THE BEST, and by "best" I mean nail-biting, on the edge of your seat, thrilling experience last night in my ECU dynasty.

Heading into wk 2, after getting pummeled by Virginia Tech @ home, I faced off against West Virginia @ home. They were ranked 8th (VT was 12th), so heading my expectations weren't too high.

But my D really showed up picking off Pat White twice in the 1st half, and once again in the second and sacking him 3 or 4 times.

I had two long runs of 30 and 40 yards for scores, and I won the turnover battle only turning it over once.

I was up on WV at the half, and increased my lead by the end of the third to being up two TDs.

The 4th Qtr they really let loose scoring a TD, and only being down 7...but my D held up on every subsequent drive after that last TD midway through the 4th and I was able to get a couple of timely 1st downs late in the 4th QTR and kneel on the ball on my way to victory.

It was an awesome experience knocking off West Virginia and at one point being up 17 to only see them come w/in a TD of tying. Watching my team prevail and hold onto the lead we built, and knocking off the #8 team in the country was awesome.

There goes West Virginia's National Championship hopes, and it's all because of me...
Old 07-16-2008, 12:27 PM   #39
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

2krules says "NCAA 09 Rules!"

There are only 3 things bothering me:

(1) The annoying automatic photos feature. I seriously can't fathom why EA didn't give us the options to disable it.
(2) The scarcity of instant replays.
(3) The high accuracy of the CPU QB.

Other than those things, this is an exciting and fun game!
Old 07-16-2008, 12:28 PM   #40
Rookie

DiabloRobotico34's Arena

OVR: 1

I love it too.

The only thing that I miss is the passing of time during the games. Starting during daylight and then watching it get darker. Next time you are watching a real game on TV, you'll see what i mean. It adds to the drama.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »