Home

Defense Is A Disgrace! WHY Are These Corners CONSTANTLY Giving Up The Inside?????

This is a discussion on Defense Is A Disgrace! WHY Are These Corners CONSTANTLY Giving Up The Inside????? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2008, 03:23 PM   #9
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Defense Is A Disgrace! WHY Are These Corners CONSTANTLY Giving Up The Inside?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucepoppi17
The Hit Stick is nasty this year! It might be used to often. I've knocked guys out on every play pretty much.
Yeah it can certianly be a weapon. ALso my last 2 games I've held the CPU in the 50% range and 60% range. 09 is NOT you fathers NCAA. The ratings matter a ton more this year. So if you have a player not suited for M2M then I'd suggest limiting the M2M plays for him etc... I love playing D now as you feel like you're actually using strategy etc.. Gone , it seem, the days of picking whatever play you want and it succeded better than 50% of the time. Alsy using proper Safety shades etc come into play. Is it perfect? No and there are some areas (DL for one) that need addressed but other than that it's hella fun.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-16-2008, 03:24 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 34
Re: Defense Is A Disgrace! WHY Are These Corners CONSTANTLY Giving Up The Inside?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom36
Call zone plays.
Use your linebackers to defend the inside/over the middle routes.
Blitz to create pressure.

Defense is different - it's not gone. The sky isn't falling.

So what you are saying, is that I have to essentially throw out half of the defensive playbook: man coverage plays?
Old 07-16-2008, 03:25 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
So what you are saying, is that I have to essentially throw out half of the defensive playbook: man coverage plays?
No.

What I'm saying is zone is more effective than man this year, so you should be calling more zone than man plays. And when you do call man plays, you should blitz to create pressure on the cpu qb so he can't pick you apart. Your front 4 by itself is not going wreck havoc like it did last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 03:25 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Honor
Okay, Genius, then how do we go about teaching the CPU to play D? I have this minor issue where the CPU can't stop anything I do. I have to use the ''ask corso'' feature, just to keep from feeling dirty.

Any suggestions?
genius wow thanks

Other than that no I have zero issues I hear on here about robo qb. I am stopping most qbs for 60% percent, 160 - 200 yards, ect.

So another words it must be my D.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:27 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
09 is NOT you fathers NCAA. The ratings matter a ton more this year. So if you have a player not suited for M2M then I'd suggest limiting the M2M plays for him etc... I love playing D now as you feel like you're actually using strategy etc.. Gone , it seem, the days of picking whatever play you want and it succeded better than 50% of the time.
Exactly.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:29 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Learn D..LOL. I love responses like this.

Care to shed any light on a situation like this:

I call "double wide", the corner lines up on the outside shoulder of reciever, the FS is manned up over the top.

Only this is USELESS because once the WR runs a slant (which he did) he is INSTANTLY free because the CB is for some reason playing an outside technique allowing him a clean as spring water release.

Please educate me on the finer points of defense, and explain to me exactly how that scenario makes sense.

Well..heres how that makes sense in way. You plan on doubling the WR with your Safety and Corner. You stated that corner is on the outside shoulder, now its probably because he is trying to keep everything inside and where his help(safety) is. So technically your corner is doing his job by forcing everything back inside. Id suggest bringing your safety up, or having your corner play bump and run to allow for a some time for help.

Playing on the outside shoulder is practically inviting slants and such. Its up to the corner to be there to break up the play right away or limit the damage.

Thats just realistic talk...now for what happens in the game. The AI is too ******** or smart, whichever "they" want to think and dont really cover guys in general. You have a guy play a zone but never picks up a guy in his zone unless he runs right in front of him. Or if say no one is in "your" zone, most players will either keep dropping with head on swivel, expanding the zone or rush qb if rollout. But in the recent football games, they will just stand there and watch. Its been like this in all EA football games for many years. You basically have to roam yourself in those situations. Hope it was helpful
Old 07-16-2008, 03:29 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Also you can't expect man to man to be shut down this year. If I am getting hit with a quick slant over the middle.

I will call a cover 2 zone, and shift my backers over in the direction I think the slant is going. Putting more backers in the area further gives more chance for a pick or bat down.

But I make adjustments to my defense before I even lineup I know how I want to run the play. You got to realize this is supposed to be kids out of highschool that are not the top of the class. Only like 5% or less (guessing) go pro so most players are not amazing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 03:31 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
genius wow thanks

Other than that no I have zero issues I hear on here about robo qb. I am stopping most qbs for 60% percent, 160 - 200 yards, ect.

So another words it must be my D.
I was referring to the CPU playing ******** defense when I'm on offense. Meaning, I can score at will. Am I supposed to switch over to the CPU team every time I'm on offense? Because the sliders sure as hell don't work. Is there a difficulty mode that I'm not seeing, that will help resolve this issue?

Otherwise, the kid is right - the defense in this game is downright awful. I'm not concerned about MY defense.. As far as I'm concerned, the CPU can throw for 95%.. It's the only way they can stay close.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »