Home

Defense Is A Disgrace! WHY Are These Corners CONSTANTLY Giving Up The Inside?????

This is a discussion on Defense Is A Disgrace! WHY Are These Corners CONSTANTLY Giving Up The Inside????? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2008, 03:31 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Defense Is A Disgrace! WHY Are These Corners CONSTANTLY Giving Up The Inside?????

Quote:
09 is NOT you fathers NCAA. The ratings matter a ton more this year. So if you have a player not suited for M2M then I'd suggest limiting the M2M plays for him etc... I love playing D now as you feel like you're actually using strategy etc.. Gone , it seem, the days of picking whatever play you want and it succeded better than 50% of the time

This is the reason I am sooo excited about this years Defense. Play calling seems to matter so much more plus Defensive adjustments.

I 150% agree sky
Old 07-16-2008, 03:32 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Defense Is A Disgrace! WHY Are These Corners CONSTANTLY Giving Up The Inside?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Honor
I was referring to the CPU playing ******** defense when I'm on offense. Meaning, I can score at will. Am I supposed to switch over to the CPU team every time I'm on offense? Because the sliders sure as hell don't work. Is there a difficulty mode that I'm not seeing, that will help resolve this issue?

Otherwise, the kid is right - the defense in this game is downright awful. I'm not concerned about MY defense.. As far as I'm concerned, the CPU can throw for 95%.. It's the only way they can stay close.
Sorry my mind reading is rusty, I understood CPU as like the OP (AI)
Old 07-16-2008, 03:34 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 34

What I find amazing is that no one had addressed the question on the title of the thread?

Why am I seeing the corner in a position that creates virtually a guaranteed completion?

That has nothing to to do with ratings. If a corner is lined up in a position that allows a reciever to run a given route with no resistance, through no fault of my own, how can that NOT be a problem?

I didnt align him that way, and the way the defense is designed, he SHOULDNT be lined up that way.

I see this with the CPU as well. The Corner will be out there, playing a outside technique, when he should not be.

If I have a inside route called, and it is man coverage, it is a completion everytime unless my reciever drops it. This is on Heisman difficulty.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:37 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 9

ok, i hear what your saying now. Try pressing them and see if that changes the angle. I played a game online last night and the only thing i really gave up was crossers over the middle of the field. And thats cuz i was just sending four people and he had all day. I was down 21-7 in the 4th and came back and won 27-24 in OT. Illinois over Missouri. I wasnt getting hurt with quick slants, but the box routes were the killer. And i think thats because the LB drop too far back on their coverage and leave the 5-6 yard crosser open.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:41 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoneymill
ok, i hear what your saying now. Try pressing them and see if that changes the angle. I played a game online last night and the only thing i really gave up was crossers over the middle of the field. And thats cuz i was just sending four people and he had all day. I was down 21-7 in the 4th and came back and won 27-24 in OT. Illinois over Missouri. I wasnt getting hurt with quick slants, but the box routes were the killer. And i think thats because the LB drop too far back on their coverage and leave the 5-6 yard crosser open.
Hm. Ill give that a shot, and see if that changes the alignment.

I'm not asking for a lot, jsut for a guy to be positioned the way he is supposed to be. Im about to fire up anothr game and ill see if that makes a difference
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 03:48 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
What I find amazing is that no one had addressed the question on the title of the thread?

Why am I seeing the corner in a position that creates virtually a guaranteed completion?

That has nothing to to do with ratings. If a corner is lined up in a position that allows a reciever to run a given route with no resistance, through no fault of my own, how can that NOT be a problem?

I didnt align him that way, and the way the defense is designed, he SHOULDNT be lined up that way.

I see this with the CPU as well. The Corner will be out there, playing a outside technique, when he should not be.

If I have a inside route called, and it is man coverage, it is a completion everytime unless my reciever drops it. This is on Heisman difficulty.
Is there a way to change the cornerback alignment?
Old 07-16-2008, 03:49 PM   #23
I love meaty chics

ac11367's Arena

OVR: 7

I don't have the game yet. But from the way this sounds, i guess the game does not have the option to audible individual DB to shade toward WR's inside/outside shoulders like last gen's Madden.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:49 PM   #24
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoneymill
Well..heres how that makes sense in way. You plan on doubling the WR with your Safety and Corner. You stated that corner is on the outside shoulder, now its probably because he is trying to keep everything inside and where his help(safety) is. So technically your corner is doing his job by forcing everything back inside. Id suggest bringing your safety up, or having your corner play bump and run to allow for a some time for help.

Playing on the outside shoulder is practically inviting slants and such. Its up to the corner to be there to break up the play right away or limit the damage.
I don't think that is correct. If he has safety help he should be playing on the inside shoulder and forcing everything vertically up the field to where the help is. With the safety to help, the CB should be more aggresive to the middle and short areas of the field because anything over his head is where the help is. The DB play in this almost reminds me of NFL 2k5 and the DB's inability to cover the middle ares, that coupled with the yellow parts of zone coverage precevied to be broken makes the middle of the field from 5-12 yards very easy to compleate passes in.

To the OP the only real success that I have had is to patrol that area of the field my self with the FS(or middle linebacker). It leaves one of the corners on an island alone but that is the chance you take.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »