Home

NCAA Football 09 Patch Announcement

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Patch Announcement within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 10:53 PM   #401
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: NCAA Football 09 Patch Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint75
Isn't that just what Skyboxer did?
Yes he did. My post was not directed at him. Sorry if I made it seem that way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2008, 11:09 PM   #402
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
Yes he did. My post was not directed at him. Sorry if I made it seem that way.
No sweat! I was just unsure of where you were coming from.
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds
Old 07-22-2008, 01:33 AM   #403
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiddyGotGrillz
Nor should they be at this point....i mean damn....are we seriously talking Bowl jersey patches at this stage in the game? Seriously?

(Not addressing this to you bpd115)
I agree 100%, the gameplay and roster glitch have to be a much higher priority then anything assmall as jersey bowl patches or things like that. Those types of things won't be patched at all if ever.

People, you need to understand that right now EA has suspended all attempts at making a Dynasty because of these issues. That is a major flaw that needs to be fixed/ Things such as shoes, jerseys, field decor, mascots, etc. are either very very far down on the list or non existent all together. Please leave things like this out so the major issues and bugs can be discussed and talked about.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:36 AM   #404
MVP

babyfat9's Arena

OVR: 14

Just let me know when the patch comes out so i can start editing my players and teams, not to mention the Depth chart so i don't see just the highest rated skilled players returning kick offs or punts.

Monsters of the Midway
Chicago Bears
Old 07-22-2008, 02:11 AM   #405
Rookie

Sup Adam,

I will have to give your props for absorbing all of our anger. I am glad to see a patch is in the works. Can you relay to the gameplay people for a second beside the tightening up the defense can they look at the powerbacks....lol. Right now they seem useless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2008, 02:15 AM   #406
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Honor
I'm sure theres an issue or two that ranks high on the list, but I completely agree with you. This is a huge deal for game play, if you ask me. I'd understand if it was only one slider messed up, but I'm not getting anything from ANY of the CPU sliders. I was looking for a little more than ''hoping,'' myself. I just wish this issue had gotten to me before I bought the game.

Let's keep our fingers crossed... Because this is the last time I get screwed over. Every title from here on, is a rental. First question from me come August - ''Do the sliders work?''
im sure EA knew about it and was just keeping hush about it so they would get their money from everyone to buy it
Old 07-22-2008, 04:30 AM   #407
Rookie

bukeyez's Arena

Icon9 Re: NCAA Football 09 Patch Announcement

I like the game. I have enjoyed playing it thus far. However, my only concern is the roster issue. I started a Dynasty and used the roster from EArosters com. I chose to download the rosters from him because after reading forum after forum, it seemed that people were having the least problems with his. I did not edit anything, just used the rosters and started a Dynasty. It froze after I finished my 5th game. I didn't experience any other issues just the fact it froze. I am hoping that the patch will fix all freezing and allow us to have every team edited so that we can all enjoy our Dynasties year after year. The freezing in Franchise mode of Madden last year, really soured my experience. I am a Franchise/Dynasty guy. That is how I enjoy these games. All the other technical stuff with gameplay, I don't notice most of the stuff that these people complain about. When something does stand out, it is usually something that does not happen often or I figure that it is a video game and it is hard to make things completely perfect. I haven't played a video game in my life that didn't geek out a little sometimes. However, freezing and being unable to experience the game as marketed is frustrating. There should not be freezing when you are playing in Dynasty mode or Franchise mode. I want to play multiple seasons and if it is advertised as being able to play 30-60 seasons than the game should do just that. If the game has an edit roster function, then it should work without any problems at all.

After the Patch:
Who will have accurate rosters where only names have been changed? (I don't want rosters from people who change ratings. I am fine with the default.)

Will EA let us know what we need to do to play a functional Dynasty with edited rosters?

I have deleted all NCAA 09 files from my hardrive and will not play again until this patch comes out and it is assured that there will be no freezing. I love my XBOX 360 but I do not play many games. NCAA and Madden are my favorites and I want to continue my yearly tradition of playing these games. I know for a fact that if I cannot get what I paid for this year......I am more than likely done gaming. I am older now and don't have the time and money to waste.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:27 AM   #408
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Open up the check book and hire some real testers....
The funny thing is that they wouldn't even have to open the checkbook if they asked a few of us here at OS. I know I'd do it for nothing.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »