Home

It seems I am in the Minority, but, I really am enjoying this game...

This is a discussion on It seems I am in the Minority, but, I really am enjoying this game... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2008, 09:48 PM   #17
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: It seems I am in the Minority, but, I really am enjoying this game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPNdeportes
You seriously think people need to explain why a game is fun? Oh man.........
LMAO. No kidding.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Old 07-16-2008, 11:06 PM   #18
Pro

HokieB's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by malek05
I am starting to get the feeling that the people who post in these "the game is great" threads don't know anything about football in general.
I actually have an opposite theory.

If I'm getting burned by these rink-a-dink dumpoffs underneath, I start playing more zone and pull my safeties up and the CPU suddenly starts taking more shots downfield (and don't get as many completions, lowering the Comp%). I also make sure I vary up my blitzing schemes and shift my line and LBs around to keep the OLine of guard.

I'm glad these boards pointed the CPU tendencies so I knew to try and adjust to them, and I swear these things are working for me.

There was really no need to not to keep your safeties back in last years game (esp. when you're getting 6 picks a game). My theory is that people are sticking with 2-deep man most of the game, and if so, the CPU is doing exactly what it should. Folks are complaining about no deep ball, but don't want to play a D that may get burned by it.

Just my 2¢. This game freakin' rocks!
Old 07-16-2008, 11:27 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick02
I love this game gets better every year. To bad most of the topics on forums seem to be about the small glitches and not enough about the gameplay or better greaphics.

Im not saying we dont need topics about the glitches but 1 would do so that they can fix it in the patch but 20 dif topics on the same glitch makes it seem to be a way bigger issue then it may be.
Haven't bought the game yet, but DBs playing like idiots is not a small glitch and is very much about gameplay.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:28 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

I actually like this game quite a bit. I think that the line blocking is much better and smarter. Inside zone works great where the lineman work to the next level and actually cut off guys instead of running around stupid like they used to. The line seems like the actually have assignments now instead of just blocking the closest guy. the pass protection is good with rollouts and the line slide protecting. The computer does complete quite a few passes but so do I. I started the game 17/17 with Jimmy Clausen in my first time playing the game this year. I don't have any complaints about how they throw the ball though, they are playing smart and taking what the defense gives you. I started playing more zone and they had to throw the ball down field and I got some INTs on them. I don't get a whole lot of sacks but I do get pressure. Its realistic in the fact that you don't get 8 sacks a game like you could in past games. I love how the screens work now. They may work too well sometimes, but they get me all the time when I blitz guys and they screen me and break it for 20 yards.
I like the new quickcall in recruiting but it does get a little old doing the same old calls every time. It'd be nice if you could assign coaches to recruit certain players or something. I love the game though, so I don't know where all the complaints are coming from. I like the sublte changes in the playbooks.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:15 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPNdeportes
You seriously think people need to explain why a game is fun? Oh man.........

When it is a game where a VASTLY inferior offensive line can pancake the hell out of a VASTLY superior defensive line consistently...i mean pancake at minimum of two out of four men every play at the default sliders on all-american...where it is a game that i have played 9 times to completeion at 10 minute quarters, plus a slew of other games i never completed due to other random things, and have NEVER ONCE seen the cpu throw the ball pass 20 yards (really, can somebody post a video of teh cpu throwing the ball deep at least two times in one game)...? When dynasty stats just up and disappear...just poof...gone for no reason...

Then yes...i can't even fathom how the game can be describe as "fun".

But to each his own...I had my questioned answered here

"The buckeyes play Akron, they play Kent State, I mean, they may win the MAC this year."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2008, 02:24 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 10

malek hit home a lot of issues which irritate the heel out of me. Im starting to wonder if a patch would even help b/c can they really patch the crappy KO distance, shoddy D AI, Joe Montana CPU QB play and pass rush? This game was very fun for a while until I realized that there was no difference between Eastern Michigan and Florida.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:26 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieB
I actually have an opposite theory.

If I'm getting burned by these rink-a-dink dumpoffs underneath, I start playing more zone and pull my safeties up and the CPU suddenly starts taking more shots downfield (and don't get as many completions, lowering the Comp%). I also make sure I vary up my blitzing schemes and shift my line and LBs around to keep the OLine of guard.

I'm glad these boards pointed the CPU tendencies so I knew to try and adjust to them, and I swear these things are working for me.

There was really no need to not to keep your safeties back in last years game (esp. when you're getting 6 picks a game). My theory is that people are sticking with 2-deep man most of the game, and if so, the CPU is doing exactly what it should. Folks are complaining about no deep ball, but don't want to play a D that may get burned by it.

Just my 2¢. This game freakin' rocks!
This doesn't make any sense to me at all. Teams throw deep against any defense...period, at any time of the game. I've never seen a situation where a team decided "oh no they are in cover 2, we are not going to throw the ball past 8 yards until they come out of it?" So now, in order to get the cpu to throw deep, I need to run a defense that is likely to get burned deep? So I need to just keep running engage eight, or line up in goal line? So whatever defense i call the cpu is going to call the perfect offense for it, every freakin time? Is that what you are saying.

"The buckeyes play Akron, they play Kent State, I mean, they may win the MAC this year."
Old 07-17-2008, 03:00 AM   #24
Lurker

bjf1377's Arena

OVR: 41

I'm having fun. I know not everything is running well, but I'm having fun and I'm actually getting semi-realistic results score wise

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »