Home

Is this a Dynasty Glitch, or part of the game?

This is a discussion on Is this a Dynasty Glitch, or part of the game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2008, 08:29 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Is this a Dynasty Glitch, or part of the game?

So Im playing my dynasty going into my second year and going real hard at recruiting. Im using Nebraska, I took them to a 2 loss season last year and am currently ranked 12. During Recruiting options for what I can pitch to Athletes are all Very good to Elite except for a few variable options (playing time, distance, etc).

Im trying to recruit a MLB that is being sought after by several other teams, currently i am 5th on his ranking of prospective teams. So I decide to cheat (I know Im sorry but keep listening.) I decided to sabotage the other teams ahead of me for this player. The teams are Michigan, LSU, Pitt, and Penn St. So I do this, but once I finish and go to call him for some reason my "stats" as a recruiter have taken a dramatic drop. Most of the Elites drop to very good, Excellents to good, etc.

To test it I reset and try things again a bunch of different ways.

What I have pinpointed is that I only get a major drop when I send someone to coach LSU. I have 5 different coaches on the game but as soon as I put one on LSU things change.

Do you guys think its a glitch or does the game do that to reflect superiority of LSU's program, coach, etc over Nebraska?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 08:55 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Is this a Dynasty Glitch, or part of the game?

why not just go to create a player and make a team full of Reggie Bush's, then you don't have to worry....
Old 07-16-2008, 09:04 PM   #3
Rookie

carefreedvp's Arena

OVR: 2

where's the fun in that?
Rutgers

Carefree wherever you may be
We are the famous CFC
We don't give a f#$@ whoever you may be
We are the famous CFC

XBL Tag: CFCDVP
Old 07-16-2008, 09:10 PM   #4
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Wait I don't get it...How do you sabotage the other teams?
Old 07-16-2008, 09:11 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
So Im playing my dynasty going into my second year and going real hard at recruiting. Im using Nebraska, I took them to a 2 loss season last year and am currently ranked 12. During Recruiting options for what I can pitch to Athletes are all Very good to Elite except for a few variable options (playing time, distance, etc).

Im trying to recruit a MLB that is being sought after by several other teams, currently i am 5th on his ranking of prospective teams. So I decide to cheat (I know Im sorry but keep listening.) I decided to sabotage the other teams ahead of me for this player. The teams are Michigan, LSU, Pitt, and Penn St. So I do this, but once I finish and go to call him for some reason my "stats" as a recruiter have taken a dramatic drop. Most of the Elites drop to very good, Excellents to good, etc.

To test it I reset and try things again a bunch of different ways.

What I have pinpointed is that I only get a major drop when I send someone to coach LSU. I have 5 different coaches on the game but as soon as I put one on LSU things change.

Do you guys think its a glitch or does the game do that to reflect superiority of LSU's program, coach, etc over Nebraska?
I'm going to be honest here...I'm totally confused by this post. Can you try explaining this a different way?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 09:20 PM   #6
Pro

Buke14's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Wait I don't get it...How do you sabotage the other teams?

I am curious to know this as well?
Old 07-16-2008, 10:30 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

Ok sorry about the confusion

In Dynasty mode if you create extra coaches you can controll their recruiting habits and therefore give you an unbeatable advantage in recruiting. So if you have a player that you truly covet and there are four teams ahead of you in his interest list, you can go to dynasty options, create a coach and make that coach the head coach of said team. This is something I have been doing for the last few years whenever I really need or want a recruit. I know its cheap but Im just playing the cpu so I dont really care, plus Im trying to rebuild the old 45 runs a game Nebraska team.

Today while in my Nebraska Dynasty, I decided to make sure that a particular player signed with my team. So i created coaches for Michigan, Pitt, Penn St, and LSU. Once I did this I noticed that the pitch ratings for my coach (The subjects you talk to recruits about when you call them, I.E Program Prestige, Academics, Campus life, etc) all dropped two or three notches.

Initially when I made this thread I thought it was just LSU, but it seems that whenever you add a new coach your pitch ratings change, and depending on whether or not your school/coach is better or worse than the other team, your ratings will change.

For example whenever I put in LSU pretty much everything dropped for my team, Coach experience, Coach prestige etc. This is because compared to LSU, Nebraska is pretty much inferior in every way. However when I created a coach for Miami most everything stayed the same, but My acedemics rating went up, and my campus lifestyle rating went down...

so to answer my own question it seems more like a new game mechanic than a glitch. Though I am still not sure. Has no one else noticed this?
Old 07-16-2008, 10:35 PM   #8
Rookie

Maybe it's to discourage cheating the way you do it? That is kinda wierd. I don't have an explanation for it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »