Home

So Basically EA Uses The Consumer As The Game Testers.

This is a discussion on So Basically EA Uses The Consumer As The Game Testers. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 02:23 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: So Basically EA Uses The Consumer As The Game Testers.

None of the major retailers accept a return on software that was bought new and has been opened.

EA receives and secures their money from the consumer the second one of their games is purchased new.

Also:

Old 07-17-2008, 02:54 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

i don't understand why this thread would be locked. It is the absolute truth. This game is utterly crap. I had a ball picked off and ran back for a TD, and it said that my WR had a 70 yard TD. How can a company allow something as stupid as that to pass through testing? Oh that's right, we are the testers. EA knows they have us by the neck and we have no other choice, so they just put out crap and know we will buy it, and what do we do? Buy it. I can't wait for this license to end so 2K can get back in the game. I love NBA 2k games, tons more fun that NBA Live.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:00 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

from a marketing standpoint, is july the ideal time to release? young kids and adults alike with no big releases by anyone else? the season starts at the end of august. why is it being released now? I know why, because they have madden to worry about. its all about quotas and money more than a GREAT complete game.

i remember when games used to come out a month into the season ,or later. who are they competing with? if the game is bugged, wait it out, right? putting out this game, just shows how they think of their consumer base imo.. they have us by the balls and know, as someone similiarly stated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2008, 03:01 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 6

You do have to admit though...this is a funny game. I've got stuff in this game to incorporate into an endless cycle of crazy youtube videos...

Playing this game is the equivalent of finding out the hot girl you have been after all year has way to many puss filled bumps around her reproductive parts...

Oh and she has stretch marks on her butt to...but's she skinny, so how can she have stretch marks...

"The buckeyes play Akron, they play Kent State, I mean, they may win the MAC this year."
Old 07-17-2008, 03:08 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

i don't understand why this thread would be locked. It is the absolute truth. This game is utterly crap. I had a ball picked off and ran back for a TD, and it said that my WR had a 70 yard TD. How can a company allow something as stupid as that to pass through testing? Oh that's right, we are the testers. EA knows they have us by the neck and we have no other choice, so they just put out crap and know we will buy it, and what do we do? Buy it. I can't wait for this license to end so 2K can get back in the game. I love NBA 2k games, tons more fun that NBA Live.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:11 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 16

I didn't have the money to be a QA tester for EA this season. Hopefully you guys can do the job for them.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:22 AM   #15
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by malek05
You do have to admit though...this is a funny game. I've got stuff in this game to incorporate into an endless cycle of crazy youtube videos...

Playing this game is the equivalent of finding out the hot girl you have been after all year has way to many puss filled bumps around her reproductive parts...

Oh and she has stretch marks on her butt to...but's she skinny, so how can she have stretch marks...

Quite possibly the most disgusting post I've read in a few months (minus any posts by Dookie).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2008, 03:28 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

I don't understand why some of you would think this thread would get closed....we're not on an EA forum.

Besides I'm just expressing what most of us think, it's pretty obvious what's going on.

I'll even go as far as saying: if EA wants to use us as testers, that's fine. Just be honest about it, don't insult our intelligence and make sure the patch(s) come out in a timely manner.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »