Home

Is there any chance a beta copy was published in lieu of a finished product?

This is a discussion on Is there any chance a beta copy was published in lieu of a finished product? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2008, 03:20 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Is there any chance a beta copy was published in lieu of a finished product?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
How long does it take to name every player on every roster, even just naming them "A A"? We have over 8 thousands players to name. Nobody did it, so the bug was never caught.
Have you guys ever considered a quick name edit in the roster edit section?

Something as simple as highlighting a players name and pressing enter on a keyboard, similar to "renaming" a file in Windows.

If this were possible there would be no need to open the players profile up and do multiple button presses to get the same result.

This process could go hand and hand with the EA Lock initiative that you guys are so high on promoting, and open up the idea of roster sharing to more people.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2008, 03:22 PM   #42
Rookie

Re: Is there any chance a beta copy was published in lieu of a finished product?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzleLikeAStizzle
BS.
You Skins fans are all the same. :P

But on the real, it's no BS mate.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:28 PM   #43
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

OVR: 3
Icon12 Re: Is there any chance a beta copy was published in lieu of a finished product?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
How long does it take to name every player on every roster, even just naming them "A A"? We have over 8 thousands players to name. Nobody did it, so the bug was never caught.
Somebody must be doing it, somewhere. ;-)
Old 07-17-2008, 03:49 PM   #44
Rookie

OMT,

To kind of take a different but similar take as Scott above me, I get that no one went and edited every name to get the roster glitch to pop up, but wouldn't saving a roster file that someone auto-named (with the Auto-name option for those that don't edit) have caused the same issue? That should/would count as editing over 116 teams or whatever you guys figured the bug to be, unless the auto-name codes out different. Surely that would have been tested, right? Just curious.

Either way, thanks for coming out and trying to keep the lions at bay over here and thanks for getting on a patch so quickly.

Last edited by FatJoe399; 07-17-2008 at 04:18 PM.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:16 PM   #45
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatJoe399
OMT,

I get that no one went and edited every name to get the roster glitch to pop up, but wouldn't saving a roster file that someone auto-named (with the Auto-name option for those that don't edit) have caused the same issue? Surely that would have been tested, right? Just curious.

Either way, thanks for coming out and trying to keep the lions at bay over here and thanks for getting on a patch so quickly.
No, auto naming would not cause the bug.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2008, 04:19 PM   #46
Rookie

Gotcha, that makes sense then. Thanks for the response.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:35 PM   #47
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

I absolutely do NOT fault the EA "testers" for the roster bug. It happened, they found it, fixed it, and it's being certified for release. Bravo.

I also do not fault the testers for the game play issues that are obvious to anyone who plays the game for more than 20 minutes. That's what they are, issues, to us because we are sim gamers. The majority of the customer based is the Ultimate Highlight Reel, play of the day type. Do you think they recognize these issues? Probably not.

Like I said elsewhere, I'm so damn irritated because these aren't bugs. The game was purposely programmed this way to achieve the "wide open game play" BS!

All of it, from the pass rush, dbs standing around, pi$$ poor angles by kick coverage teams, suction blocking, robo QB, etc. Those are programming errors that all favor the offense. That's what they wanted. That's what we get.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:16 PM   #48
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

Medical Scientist sounds like a made up profession, like Rollerskate Pilot.

I know its legit and is very important , but it just sounds funny.

I am a medical scientist , god dammit!!!!

I beta test software at my work when the projects come up (not my main responsibility) but we just get scenarios to run through with different variables added every once in awhile. There are always bugs that dont get caught until they are in production. Always.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »