Home

Am I the only one who can't run the ball ???

This is a discussion on Am I the only one who can't run the ball ??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2008, 01:14 PM   #17
Rookie

GoVols1985's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Am I the only one who can't run the ball ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRSD
the problem i have with running is that people online clog the box with 7 or 8....even on 3 or 4 wide
then they cover the whole field with their3-4/4-3 zones and theres no where to run. i ONLY platy online. offline is 1990's

im 10-2 now (SIM BALL BABY......THE U) but my running isnt conistent.
i have cooper as my rb and YES hes super fast, but he wont break a tackle. i use james more for my rb so i can fall forward for 2-3 more yards.

i also started NOT holding the sprint button so i can see the holes or cut back easier.

my passing is on point though, unless i play georgia or ohio state where every pass the cb makes some incredible animation for an INT.

overall i like that i cant run consistently for 8-9 yards per carry. im into punting and 3rd and longs. i love the chess match.

remember, this isnt how madden will play. so i dont mind.
i also try to use a "pro style scheme" on offense so when madden comes out i wont complain that nothing from college works.

if anyone is looking for a game vs the SIM GOD, holla. i only run with my canes.....and yes i live in miami.
I was at the game in 2002 when Miami was undefeated and you came up to Knoxville to play us. We were a top ten team that year, and you crushed us in one of the worst games I've ever seen. I don't think we got past the 50 twice the whole game. Atleast we got you guys back the next year when we ended your 30-something game home winning streak.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:16 PM   #18
Rookie

ditchrider1's Arena

OVR: 4

What are some good combo moves and the buttons that correlate with them?

I am doing okay, but am always that one sweet move away from busting one.

anyone?
Old 07-17-2008, 02:03 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

I should have noted that the stats I am getting are OFFLINE Dynasty stats. I run a lot of Ace formation draws, dives and counters. Also, well-timed option plays are typically either feast or famine. Just played my fourth game - against Notre Dame and they actually shut me down pretty well - just 68 yards rushing - 32 of which came on one play. I don't do any slide blocking AT ALL...just run the default formations/blocking schemes.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:07 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

i am able to run the ball adequately but i constantly have a few issues. heres some info to take into account.

first of all i play with USF who has a good RB, mike ford. 86 OVR, 89 SPD, BTK around 90. he's 6'2 225. my OL is very average. all starters range from 75-81. every game so far i have played teams with OVR ratings between 75-85. i play on heisman and have constantly tweaked sliders.

every game the CPU always finishes with at least 15 TFLs. nearly half my running plays are blown up in the backfield.

no matter what physics would indicate nearly every tackle looks like i've been hitsticked. doesn't matter if it's a CB who is engaged in a block and i've got 20 yds of steam. a little annoying that my power back with finish with 12 YAC for the game while the CPU's drop back QB will finish with 18 YAC.

regardless of sliders i break about 1 tackle every 10 carries. the CPU typically will finish with 5 BTK for every 10 carries.

to me the option is a dead play this year. not worth the risk. no matter how the defense is aligned i almost never get a 2 on 1 situation on the perimeter. if i do try to pitch half the time my QB won't pitch and the rest of the time my RB will stop to catch the ball and be running away from the LOS whenever i can get control of him.

most games i finish with 15-20 carries for around 50-75 yds with ford.

my QB, matt grothe, is very mobile and average around 75 yds with him on a dozen or carries.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:08 PM   #21
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

The producers have said in the past that slide protection only works on pass plays. Running plays only have a placebo affect if you are using it. With some of the issues in the game regarding sliders its hard to know if they really know what is going on but take that for what its worth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2008, 02:50 PM   #22
Rookie

footballfanatic1's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm struggling mightily as well. Can someone point me in the right direction for a good set of AA sliders that help fix the running game? I understand the sliders are pretty screwy, but I've read some people have figured them out.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:11 PM   #23
Rookie

GoVols1985's Arena

OVR: 8

Man, I must've suddenly got good at running or something, because I just had 18 carries for 225 yards (12.5 ypc) with 3 touchdowns!
Old 07-17-2008, 03:33 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoVols1985
Man, I must've suddenly got good at running or something, because I just had 18 carries for 225 yards (12.5 ypc) with 3 touchdowns!
that must be vs the computer cause you wont do that vs me

or

you were playing a rookie who doesnt know how to adapt and change their non working schemes.

when youre ready, holla at DAD

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »