Home

Quarter Length Question?

This is a discussion on Quarter Length Question? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2008, 12:41 PM   #1
Banned

Daniels2386's Arena

OVR: 2
Quarter Length Question?

Me and my cousin play in our offline dynasty....We usually just use the defaulted 5min quarter length, but on these slider threads I see alot of people using 6,7 and even 8 min qr lengths...Just wondering what the reason if any was?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2008, 11:09 AM   #2
Banned

Daniels2386's Arena

Re: Quarter Length Question?

nothing?
Old 07-19-2008, 11:11 AM   #3
stewaat

OVR:

I play 8 minute quarters because I like to watch the cutscenes and take my time calling plays. The longer game also allows for more realistic stats. With 5 minute quarters getting a good amount of plays is difficult unless you're going no huddle the entire game.

Old 07-19-2008, 11:44 AM   #4
Banned

Daniels2386's Arena

Yea I understand that side of it, but I have really good stats in 5min quarters. If I set it to 8 it would be ridiculous! AA is kinda easy and heisman is ******** in my opinion...still win-able just not fun because its so unrealistic. CPU never misses a pass, WRs never drop a pass, mediocre RB's go up the gut of my stout D, break 2 DT tackles my FS tackle and make a 65yrd TD....I dont mind a fluke run every once in awhile but once a game is ridiculous especially against like McNease St or some school like that....I guess I need to find my self some good sliders huh
Old 07-19-2008, 11:53 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 12

I'm playing 9 min quarters. It gives me the right amount of plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2008, 02:15 PM   #6
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniels2386
I have really good stats in 5min quarters.
The game is not designed for the ultra-realistic crowd that resides here on OS. I would imagine that that the typical OSer likes to put together 12 play "grind it out" drives alot more that the typical EA consumer that is more enamored with the big play.

It sounds like you are having fun with the game, and that is all that matters. But I would also guess that your definition of "good stats" might be different that many folks here. Alot of guys here care about penalties, punts, yards per carry, reps and I am not sure you can get all that in 5 minute quarters.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:49 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I play 9-minute quarters because the pace of the game is better. I can take my time calling plays, and I don't feel rushed.

But there's nothing wrong with 5-minute quarters if that's what you're having fun with.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:23 AM   #8
Rookie

merg311's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
I play 9-minute quarters because the pace of the game is better. I can take my time calling plays, and I don't feel rushed.

But there's nothing wrong with 5-minute quarters if that's what you're having fun with.
Same here, 9 minutes seems to be in the 130 play range each game. You can take your time on offense, try to draw the D offsides, make pre snap reads and adjustments, without feeling rushed. Games probably take 90 minutes to play, but that's okay by me!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »