Home

Controls Feel Sluggish

This is a discussion on Controls Feel Sluggish within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2008, 06:51 PM   #1
Rookie

tlj101010's Arena

OVR: 2
Controls Feel Sluggish

Am I the only that feels like the controls are a bit sluggish? I'm not talking about how insanely slow it is to navigate the menus. its a damn menu, EA, it shouldn't take me 2 seconds to move from page one of I-form Normal to page two.

No, I'm talking about the actual gameplay. It feels like I control the player for 2 seconds, and then the CPU gets to control it for 2 seconds while I'm sucked into some marathon of an animation. It's like I'm playing Metal Gear Solid 4, but on a micro scale.

I have other complaints about the game, but I'm sure its all been mentioned before. You know, the "its sad that last gen versions of ncaa and madden are superior to this gens crap" or "really? you guys thought we'd LIKE this game?"

At this point, I'm about to give this game to my son. Not as a form of punishment. No, I am not a cruel father. Rather, it would be so that he can see for himself what a pile of crap looks like when its encased in a green plastic casing. He may have been gaming since he was 2, but he's 9 now. Its time he learned to tell the good from the bad on his own. Maybe, just maybe, if he can pull himself away from Call of Duty 4, he'll learn a life lesson.
Blackhawks
Braves
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2008, 06:54 PM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Controls Feel Sluggish

I actually have the exact opposite sentiment to be honest... the control is almost too tight IMO, but on a couple plays I've been able to break some runs that simply are not possible on other football games. I'm very happy with the game so far.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:58 PM   #3
Rookie

tlj101010's Arena

OVR: 2

The controls are precise, for sure. But, my point is more about the animations and the lack of control for much of the play. There is nothing satisfying about getting an 8 yard gain up the middle, when all you did was snap the ball and then 3 seconds of animations did the rest.
Blackhawks
Braves
Old 07-17-2008, 07:11 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

There are a lot of things to complain about. The controls are certainly not one of them. Thats one of the highlights of the game
Old 07-17-2008, 07:19 PM   #5
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

I think they feel a little sluggish compared to 08, but that is only because I am not used to them. Once I get more and more comfortable (which I am) with them I will be alright.

I don't like using the left stick to navigate your player and then all of a sudden he stutter steps. I like the feature, but it is touchy.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2008, 08:21 PM   #6
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tully
There are a lot of things to complain about. The controls are certainly not one of them. Thats one of the highlights of the game
Could of not said it better myself...I have many complaints but I can't say that the controls is one of them.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:49 PM   #7
Pro

steez3's Arena

OVR: 11

the controls are very good IMO, only thing that bothers me is sometimes if im running a play up the middle or off tackle that it feels like im getting sucked into a DL or LB. Few replays I watched ive seen my RB get sucked into a defender right by the line of scrimmage..........Also people gotta realize that when your holding down the speed burst that the L stick is ver sensitive, a slight turn to the right on the L stick with speed burst is totally different then a slight turn to the right without holding speed burst
Old 07-17-2008, 08:59 PM   #8
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

The control on offense is fine....defense however is very sluggish.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »