Home

I am starting to feel bad :(

This is a discussion on I am starting to feel bad :( within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2008, 08:04 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 30
Re: I am starting to feel bad :(

Color me crazy, but I'm not buying it.

Quote:
But in know way do I blame the front line Devs, leads, testers and other operational people in the trenches and I think many of us here should take a step back and look at the big picture.
How can you not blame one of those 3? It's at least one of the 3 people's fault. Either the leads told the developers to go in the wrong direction, the developers suck at their job, or they were not informed of their mistakes by the testers. The only other people to possibly blame would be the heads of EA, but I can't imagine them saying "alright devs, break the sliders just to **** with the customer. It'll be hilarious." It has to someone's fault.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:04 PM   #10
Rookie

GoVols1985's Arena

OVR: 8

What EA, even as old a company as they are, still haven't developed the secret weapon of online forum wars, the fanboy. Take Nintendo for example, say something bad about Super Mario Galaxy on a gaming forum and the fanboys come running in packs to start flaming you. Say something bad about NCAA 09, and everyone agrees with you lol. exclusiveness won't solve the problems, they need to develop loyalty in their gamers, much like Nintendo has made its stock and trade over the years.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:11 PM   #11
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby

How can you not blame one of those 3? It's at least one of the 3 people's fault. Either the leads told the developers to go in the wrong direction, the developers suck at their job, or they were not informed of their mistakes by the testers. The only other people to possibly blame would be the heads of EA, but I can't imagine them saying "alright devs, break the sliders just to **** with the customer. It'll be hilarious." It has to someone's fault.
Though I agree with some of your points, I can't go blaming the guys on these forums trying to communicate with us. At least those guys are making the effort to improve things. These designers come on here on their own will and spend the time to communicate and get feedback from the community. For that I respect them. But to support your point, I must agree that someone's to be blamed for all the mess. There's a flaw in the system over there and someone needs to iron it out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2008, 08:21 PM   #12
Rookie

GoVols1985's Arena

OVR: 8

[quote=g2thecore;2038513400]Though I agree with some of your points, I can't go blaming the guys on these forums trying to communicate with us. At least those guys are making the effort to improve things. These designers come on here on their own will and spend the time to communicate and get feedback from the community. For that I respect them. But to support your point, I must agree that someone's to be blamed for all the mess. There's a flaw in the system over there and someone needs to iron it out.[/quote]

I think you're absolutely right man. They need to come up with a new system for their sports division. I think EA is moving in some new and interesting directions, and they got one of the best video game companies out there when they acquired Bioware late last year. They're coming out with alot of new and cool game ideas like Army of Two, Dead Space, and Mass Effect. Now the pressure is on EA Sports to step up their game too.

Last edited by GoVols1985; 07-17-2008 at 08:31 PM.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:25 PM   #13
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRETCHARUSS
That was one of the most articulate well thought out posts in a long time.
Although I understand his point, which I disagree with, it wasn't that articulate. It was full of run-on sentences and gramatical mistakes.

EA is huge multi-million dollar company. The People that run EA have a lot more money then I do. If they put out a crappy product and people don't like it, we have every right to complain. This is America and we are free to express our opinions.

Everyone is bowing down to EA because they are releasing patches, however, in my eyes this is something that they "should" do. Without it's customers EA is nothing. They have to listen to us. We are the people buying their product and paying their salary.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Old 07-17-2008, 08:27 PM   #14
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Right..I think Peter Moore and everyone else that's in charge need to sit down with the Dev guys and come up with a plan. They need to go back to the drawing board and get things right. Like you said, I think they're going in the right direction but not at a satisfactory pace. We're in year 4 of next gen games and we've still not caught up to the old gen games. Like I said before, something's just not right over there.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:28 PM   #15
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby

Yep. You are correct. It is one of those three. But like it was said before, it may or may not be me but it is my team. I'm not going to point the finger at anyone. And since I'm here, you can all point your finger at me. Give you someone to make a voodoo doll of!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2008, 08:30 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantKingNy
I have been a long time EA *****, through and through. But in know way do I blame the front line Devs, leads, testers and other operational people in the trenches and I think many of us here should take a step back and look at the big picture. I know the ages and occupations on this forum vary wildly, so depending on your life experience the opinions probably follow a more rigid demographic. Let me clarify I am an open and honest EA opponent, but I think OMT and the others are getting an unnecessarily flaming for things out of their control.

They can not come on these boards and say hey guys the product marketing VP or the schmuck from Global sales wants us to go in this completely assanine direction killing man hours we truly want to address in this game. As I grow in corporate America I have come to an understanding on how things get down, who takes the credit, and who takes all the blame.

I am not saying stop ALL the flames (as a EA antagonist ) I would never do that. I am just saying, hey, when your pointing all the guns at OMT and the front line guys, there are alot of things that they just have no say or very few resource to address in this insane cycle we all know love and want. And I am POSITIVE they feel ALOT like us about many things, but you are talking about them betraying company trust and paychecks to tell all.
Fair points all. However, those persons who do come on the boards must know that they will be the accountable parties to this community. I don't have a lot of pity for folks who are representing a company of their own volition in a forum like this; it's a production oriented economy, and if the production isn't there, then I think criticism is deserved.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »