Home

Some recruiting tips...

This is a discussion on Some recruiting tips... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2008, 08:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Some recruiting tips...

Im not sure if recruiting is easy this year or not, but as two star Akron I just reeled in the number 20 class in the nation.

Here's what I did:

I started off with guys with interest in me, mostly two stars, a three star here and there and then I went to my state and tried to find players without much interest in other programs already and offered to them immediately.

Every three weeks or so I will goto the big board and find recruits that nobody seems to be after for whatever reason and add them to my board and try to recruit them.

I set my board up for the highest ranked players first and who was most important to me.

I pretty much let the computer do the calling for me, I'd quick call my higher end recruits for 30-60 minutes and my two stars for about 5-20 minutes.

At the beginning of the off-season recruiting (to make promises and visits) I went back to the big board and tried to swoop in as many players that werent being recruited as possible.

In the end I ended up with three five stars, a couple four stars, a couple three stars and others for 19 total recruits.

But the best recruit I got was actually a two star player. I got a two star WR that was ranked like 950+ overall and during position changes I wanted to see where he would be. He was originally set as a 67 WR and I was able to switch him to a 71 QB with 88 speed. As Akron, this was huge because I run a lot of option and most of spread offense are short passing routes so I didn't need a cannon but this guy is going to be my starting QB even though I have an 84 starter. (The new guy has a strong arm, equal accuracy and is 10+ points faster.)

So just make sure you check all your players to see if they are actually suited to play a better position.

Anybody else want to share?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2008, 08:39 PM   #2
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Some recruiting tips...

I never had any problems pulling 5 star recruits (I mean I'm the U) but I have to say that your tips should improve my recruiting skills..lol...Good tips.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:51 PM   #3
Rookie

so the quick calling thing does not hurt you in recruiting?
Old 07-17-2008, 09:24 PM   #4
Rookie

i'll tell you what you don't need to recruit. D-linemen and QBs. The QB will throw perfectly no matter what. The D-linemen will get no pressure no matter what.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:27 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandershokie
so the quick calling thing does not hurt you in recruiting?
Not at all, the recruiting shows you your progress made with recruits. I rarely fell in favor with my recruits unless another school had a visit that week. I am usually moving up or staying at the same level.

I think I got maybe three or four kids to commit during the season and I got the rest during the off-season.

I always put my goal towards getting near the top three or so and trying to get them during the off-season with promises and home visits.

They have a soft commit on there so that is another new option, although I was able to take a soft commit from another school as well. (only a two star recruit though.)

Since I always start with a lower level school, I don't know if Im doing a good job or if recruiting is fairly easy. For those that start with OSU, it must be cake because the Buckeyes got like every single recruit in the nation interested in them. They had a ton of five stars and a human would probably get 20+ easy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2008, 07:48 AM   #6
Rookie

bump

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »