Home

I Think I Have Figured Out Some Things On D vs. The CPUs Passing

This is a discussion on I Think I Have Figured Out Some Things On D vs. The CPUs Passing within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2008, 09:38 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 34
I Think I Have Figured Out Some Things On D vs. The CPUs Passing

Ive been experimenting the past 3 games on Heisman, and I have "Held" The CPUs passing somewhat in check.

Basically, what I have to do is try to play safety like I am Ed Reed on crack.

I pick a safety based on where I am on the field and formation.

The CPU has a habit of making lightening quick reads and seems to look first to either the middle of the field or the flats/sidelines.

At the snap of the ball, as soon as I read pass, I look to take away the middle and jump the route...I have gotten some user deflections, and picks, and most importantly, have forced the CPU to hold the dang ball every now and then.

That's when I am seeing the CPU actually make a bad throw here adn there, when I see something resembling a pash rush from to time, and I have even seen a few shots down the field.

Last few games out I held Michigans QB Threet to 65%, Tyrod Taylor to 60% and 4 picks, and Sam Bradford to 58% and a pick.

For this game, thats pretty dang good I think. LB works as well, but I have gotten by far the best results out of manual safety play dang near every down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2008, 10:09 PM   #2
Rookie

spfhelmiii's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: I Think I Have Figured Out Some Things On D vs. The CPUs Passing

Yep, this worked for me too. I haven't had a QB break 60% on me yet at all. I don't think you have to go at it too crazy, I play as the FS, look to the X receiver first, and if I judge him fairly covered, I turn my attention inside to cover receivers down the middle of the field. The CPU will many times hold the ball, and like you said, make a bad throw or take a coverage sack.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:48 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 34

Dont get me wrong..its dang hard, but at least i feel like i have a fighting chance. Its the only way, with this horrid pass rush, at least for me.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:53 PM   #4
Pro

steez3's Arena

OVR: 11

I do this aswell but the only thing that bothers me is it seems like my defenders get alot slower after the snap...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »