Home

So is '08 better than '09?

This is a discussion on So is '08 better than '09? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: So which is better?
Ncaa '08 37 18.05%
Ncaa '09 168 81.95%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-18-2008, 11:40 AM   #33
Rookie

wazzucoug02's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: So is '08 better than '09?

Xbox 360 --- $349.99

Wireless controller --- $49.99

NCAA '09 --- $59.99

Being able to kick my brother's *** on the other side of the state in an online dynasty......

Priceless.

There is no comparison between '08 & '09. The graphics are much better. There were times because of the lighting in last years game that you couldn't even see all the players on the field it was so dark. The gameplay is much smoother. Defense wise I'm starting to figure it out more. I'm still giving up the short passes, but not as much as when I first put the game in.

As far as having to talk about a PATCH so soon doesn't surprise me. Look at how much better Madden is right now because of the extra time. As far as I'm concerned, there should be a patch within the first month or so on EVERY NCAA game because developers have that much more time to work on Madden and any improvements they make/find should be patched to NCAA.

Frankly...I've got my college football fix and I'm loving it.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:48 PM   #34
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

I played the crap out of '08 last year going 7 seasons deep in my University of Hawaii dynasty.
Sure it had the interception thing but at least that could be halfway justified. If anything, it made the game more challenging.

I rented '09 this morning. Less than 5 min. into it I already got that throwing up in my mouth feeling. The camera angle is set farther away so the player models are smaller by comparison to '08. The graphics and field are nicer but with the camera set back farther away ... so what? Also the players kind of skate around the field. It looks like they are walking on an inch of air above the nicely modeled grass. And most importantly there are the already well covered game-killing issues with '09 that ruin the dynasty mode. And at no point did I notice any difference with player ratings on the field. Your defensive line are all rated in the 90's? SO WHAT. It doesn't matter. Oh and who knew the Florida Gators ran the west coast offense? Tim Tebow making dinky dunk passes over the middle all day and and never once going downfield to Harvin. Sorry, this is bull poop.

Oh and another thing, what happened to the option routes? Hawaii and now SMU's run & shoot offense are based on receivers running option routes but now their playbooks are devoid of them.

'09 is going back and I'll have to get my college football fix with '08 I guess.

Last edited by speedkills; 07-18-2008 at 12:52 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:54 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
football games take time to evaluate unlike other games.
\

unlike the actual sport where they only actuley play on average 14 minutes out of 4 hour game lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2008, 12:57 PM   #36
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills
I played the crap out of '08 last year going 7 seasons deep in my University of Hawaii dynasty.
Sure it had the interception thing but at least that could be halfway justified. If anything, it made the game more challenging.

I rented '09 this morning. Less than 5 min. into it I already got that throwing up in my mouth feeling. The camera angle is set farther away so the player models are smaller by comparison to '08. The graphics and field are nicer but with the camera set back farther away ... so what? Also the players kind of skate around the field. It looks like they are walking on an inch of air above the nicely modeled grass. And most importantly there are the already well covered game-killing issues with '09 that ruin the dynasty mode. And at no point did I notice any difference with player ratings on the field. Your defensive line are all rated in the 90's? SO WHAT. It doesn't matter. Oh and who knew the Florida Gators ran the west coast offense? Tim Tebow making dinky dunk passes over the middle all day and and never once going downfield to Harvin. Sorry, this is bull poop.

Oh and another thing, what happened to the option routes? Hawaii and now SMU's run & shoot offense are based on receivers running option routes but now their playbooks are devoid of them.

'09 is going back and I'll have to get my college football fix with '08 I guess.
The INT problem made the game less challenging last year. Most people, myself included, didn't have an issue with throwing too many INTs. It was the cpu throwing tons of picks that resulted in easy returns for TDs that killed the game. Too many fumbles last year.

As for the camera angle. I have no problem zooming out in order to sacrifice a little graphics during the play. Many people had trouble seeing all of the receivers last year and I don't think the camera is that much different anyways.

There are still option routes in the game and the playbooks are a big improvement this year as well imo. I don't understand your complain tabout the cpu not going deep. Yes it is a problem but its no worse than '08 when they never went deep.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:03 PM   #37
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
09 is easily the best football offering by EA on next-gen.
And thats just sad......
Old 07-19-2008, 09:50 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 11

bump
Old 07-19-2008, 09:57 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 20

Nope the pass coverage, pass rush and kick return game were not completely broken in last year's game. The only thing this game does better is player models and a couple new animations.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:10 PM   #40
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Nope the pass coverage, pass rush and kick return game were not completely broken in last year's game. The only thing this game does better is player models and a couple new animations.
Nah, the running game (for HUM - CPU is bleh) is much improved too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »