Home

My Soapbox

This is a discussion on My Soapbox within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2008, 08:26 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
My Soapbox

Ok Im feeling much like ranting here, so Ill keep it as coherent as I can. Ive been playing EA's games since the Genesis and SNES versions. Im addicted and there is nothing I can (or would) do to change this. Ive experimented a bit in the past with other developers (989 comes to mind on the PSOne) but Ive been a hard and fast EA man for years now. Again this year I was excited for the release of NCAA 09 and again this year, bugs and glitches within the game (mainly the roster problem) have left me disappointed. I know the rosters will be here soon and the patch is immienent but I crave immediate gratification and should not be here 4 days after release date still waiting on rosters to start my dynasty. Last year I almost swore off EA after the multiple season glitch with Madden, but found myself coming back again this year, and again this year getting letting down at the last moment. Im highly disappointed, while the games looks great, and appears to have some decent playability, the roster things just leaves a gaping hole that just leaves me disappointed. Im posting this in hopes it will make me feel better, renew my faith in EA and hopefully find some allies out there in the forums.

Im hoping EA will refine their process, even if it means pushing back release next year, in order to ensure the best quality product will be put on the market rather than one that is solid but needs some help to be as good as it can be. EA's opening still excites me as it did when I was a teenager and all Im asking is that " If it's in the game, it's in the game". Please don't mistake this post as EA bashing simply for bashing's sake, Im just voicing my frustration as a consumer at what I see as a sub-par product. My irritation mainly lies with the idea that EA could do better, but they are not for whatever reason. Maybe the lack of competition on the market has made them lax or if its simply rushing to meet the date but a bit of qwuality assurance with the game being used in the manner most of the players use it is definitely in order here.

On a side note I can't state how impressed I am with EA's presence on the boards here, that impresses me beyond words. Thanks for the work that you guys at EA but in, despite the issues, I do appreciate your efforts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2008, 08:55 AM   #2
Pro

DiddyGotGrillz's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: My Soapbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowbysfn22
Ok Im feeling much like ranting here, so Ill keep it as coherent as I can. Ive been playing EA's games since the Genesis and SNES versions. Im addicted and there is nothing I can (or would) do to change this. Ive experimented a bit in the past with other developers (989 comes to mind on the PSOne) but Ive been a hard and fast EA man for years now. Again this year I was excited for the release of NCAA 09 and again this year, bugs and glitches within the game (mainly the roster problem) have left me disappointed. I know the rosters will be here soon and the patch is immienent but I crave immediate gratification and should not be here 4 days after release date still waiting on rosters to start my dynasty. Last year I almost swore off EA after the multiple season glitch with Madden, but found myself coming back again this year, and again this year getting letting down at the last moment. Im highly disappointed, while the games looks great, and appears to have some decent playability, the roster things just leaves a gaping hole that just leaves me disappointed. Im posting this in hopes it will make me feel better, renew my faith in EA and hopefully find some allies out there in the forums.

Im hoping EA will refine their process, even if it means pushing back release next year, in order to ensure the best quality product will be put on the market rather than one that is solid but needs some help to be as good as it can be. EA's opening still excites me as it did when I was a teenager and all Im asking is that " If it's in the game, it's in the game". Please don't mistake this post as EA bashing simply for bashing's sake, Im just voicing my frustration as a consumer at what I see as a sub-par product. My irritation mainly lies with the idea that EA could do better, but they are not for whatever reason. Maybe the lack of competition on the market has made them lax or if its simply rushing to meet the date but a bit of qwuality assurance with the game being used in the manner most of the players use it is definitely in order here.

On a side note I can't state how impressed I am with EA's presence on the boards here, that impresses me beyond words. Thanks for the work that you guys at EA but in, despite the issues, I do appreciate your efforts.
Nice post....I agree. But for me it is the fact that the computer can complete about 90 percent of their passes, THAT is what pisses me off! I have played without rosters since NCAA came out....why is it all of a sudden a HUGE deal. The gameplay is what irritates me! I have never felt so hopeless on defense as I do in this game!
Old 07-18-2008, 09:33 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: My Soapbox

I have yet to actually play an all out game because I am awaiting the rosters so I haven't experienced the defense issues. I have seen alot of posts on here about that issue as well as the pass rush and it appears to be a prevalent issue. Yet another thing to be fixed by a "patch" I guess. For me the rosters are a big deal because I tend to run dynasties and export classes to Madden, and being a huge football (college and NFL) fan, have the real names are important to me. Your post raises another issue with the passing game that again will need to be addressed by EA, and yet another example why exclusive license agreements may not be the best thing for the future of the games. I personally feel that a bit of healthy competition from another developer may be in order to help restore quality of the EA product.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »