Home

New speed curve = Poor Pursuit Angles

This is a discussion on New speed curve = Poor Pursuit Angles within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2008, 10:58 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: New speed curve = Poor Pursuit Angles

I hope big time this gets fixed with the gameplay patch. Because this is really bad. I am trying so hard to enjoy the game but things like this make it very hard
Old 07-18-2008, 11:02 AM   #10
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Do this fist. Play like LSU vs ULL or FAU or FIU. Any low ranked team with a speed disadvantage. Use stock AA and then come back and post ya results.

I normally get real deep into sliders, this year I am not going to. This kind of dumb AI is unacceptable. It is flat out terrible. To win 96 - 0 is flat out sad. THEN I was TRYING NOT TO SCORE. I ran backwards quit a few times cause I would of popped another and another and another.

I just don't understand how they say the game was finetuned on AA, yet this kind of stuff is happening. I have a feeling the guys playing and "fine tuning" have ZERO football insight.
I can certainly understand your frustrations but, if you absolutely refuse to take advantage of the sliders and make the game at least playable you're selling yourself short. Yes, the sliders are eff'd up but, adjustments can be made to get the game to be playable.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:07 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
I can certainly understand your frustrations but, if you absolutely refuse to take advantage of the sliders and make the game at least playable you're selling yourself short. Yes, the sliders are eff'd up but, adjustments can be made to get the game to be playable.
I know all about sliders and have used them every year. But as of now with the sliders totally wacked out. I am not going to even attempt to mess with them until the patch.

BUT I understand what you are saying. The point I am trying to make is the developers play on AA and fine tune it from that level. So did they NOT see these issues???? How could they have not seen this stuff happening. They had to see this and just let to get released later with the mindset of releasing a patch later to fix these issues they did not have time to fix before release.

It is to glaring of a problem. Just check EAsportsworld and watch the videos. 90% of them that go the distance of a TD will have some terrible defensive AI running along side the ball carrier.

How does this kind of stuff get NOT noticed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2008, 11:13 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 7

Is this an issue in hum vs hum games? For the first time in many, many years I am on the fence about purchasing NCAA FB. When I first heard "Wide Open Gameplay" for an EA football game, I knew it meant trouble. That's like Paris Hilton saying "..I've changed, now I'm really going to be a whore...".
Old 07-18-2008, 11:13 AM   #13
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22

The speed difference is a bit too great when playing lesser opponents..
Old 07-18-2008, 11:16 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC_Pete
The speed difference is a bit too great when playing lesser opponents..
I like the speed difference. It feels better, but the pursuit angles are off a good bit. If this was fixed, it would help limit these huge pops for TDs.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:24 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 21

I started a dynasty last night using the UMD. I had a run to the outside(will post the vid when I get home) and I saw the SS coming toward me. He had a GREAT angle to tackle me which made me run more toward the sideline to avoid him. He all of a sudden turned up field and started running with me instead of trying to tackle me. I was like WTF ? Needless to say I scored.

Final score was 56-7....Heisman lvl. Opponent was FCS East.

I know that aint a great opponent, but no excuse for defenders being that bad.

Something is fundamentally wrong with this game. I hope its just a player rating issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2008, 11:27 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
I started a dynasty last night using the UMD. I had a run to the outside(will post the vid when I get home) and I saw the SS coming toward me. He had a GREAT angle to tackle me which made me run more toward the sideline to avoid him. He all of a sudden turned up field and started running with me instead of trying to tackle me. I was like WTF ? Needless to say I scored.

Final score was 56-7....Heisman lvl. Opponent was FCS East.

I know that aint a great opponent, but no excuse for defenders being that bad.

Something is fundamentally wrong with this game. I hope its just a player rating issue.
I know man, it is VERY in your face noticable!!!! So how did they not see this issue? I honestly think they did.

OMT please comment on how or when can this be addressed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »