Home

New speed curve = Poor Pursuit Angles

This is a discussion on New speed curve = Poor Pursuit Angles within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2008, 11:33 AM   #17
Redskins Pride

OVR: 6
Re: New speed curve = Poor Pursuit Angles

I've been thinking about this speed vs angle / chicken vs the egg way more than is healthy for me. I guess I'm just wondering if I should buy the game after I rent.

Is the speed the reason why they take an angle of convergence some 250 yards out of bounds even though they are further downfield than the runner and can simply cut them off? And what's the reason for the AI to be so sensitive to player movement? If you are running downfield with a bunch of DBs running in parallel, move left or right, they move left/right right with you to keep that near parallel movement?

Does the AI realize there's a sideline there and can force the RB to either cutback or make a highlight reel play and try to get around from the outside?

It's like each player on D is working independently and that the CB doesn't realize if he stands his ground near the sidelines he can slow down the runner until the LB closes in. Instead he takes off down the field.

Will folks try setting the CPU's defensive awareness to 5 to see if that makes them more aggressive? I'm not the smrtest football gamer so maybe someone can give a definitive answer if it works or not.

Last edited by Redskins Pride; 07-18-2008 at 11:35 AM.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:39 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzleLikeAStizzle
Is the speed the reason why they take an angle of convergence some 250 yards out of bounds even though they are further downfield than the runner and can simply cut them off? And what's the reason for the AI to be so sensitive to player movement? If you are running downfield with a bunch of DBs running in parallel, move left or right, they move left/right right with you to keep that near parallel movement?
Yea the speed is the issue. They lead the runner like you said 250+ yards downfield to cut them off. Smart AI lol

Quote:
Does the AI realize there's a sideline there and can force the RB to either cutback or make a highlight reel play and try to get around from the outside?
No they have no clue

Quote:
It's like each player on D is working independently and that the CB doesn't realize if he stands his ground near the sidelines he can slow down the runner until the LB closes in. Instead he takes off down the field.
No they are one unit or mass. They all acted together when you shift and dance around. 3 or 4 can follow you downfield running along side

Quote:
Will folks try setting the CPU's defensive awareness to 5 to see if that makes them more aggressive? I'm not the smrtest football gamer so maybe someone can give a definitive answer if it works or not.
I can but why should I be forced to go into all these sliders because they tuned it on this level.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:16 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OMT can you please comment if this is getting worked on in the "gameplay patch"?? There is tons and tons of videos supporting this problem.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:42 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Bump for OMT to see this so he can comment.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:16 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

another bump for OMT
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2008, 01:39 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Example 1: http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/26425

Watch as they run along side the runner. This is the terrible pursuit angles I am trying to get a answer on from OMT. Will this stuff be addressed in the patch?
Old 07-18-2008, 01:39 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
I started a dynasty last night using the UMD. I had a run to the outside(will post the vid when I get home) and I saw the SS coming toward me. He had a GREAT angle to tackle me which made me run more toward the sideline to avoid him. He all of a sudden turned up field and started running with me instead of trying to tackle me. I was like WTF ? Needless to say I scored.

Final score was 56-7....Heisman lvl. Opponent was FCS East.

I know that aint a great opponent, but no excuse for defenders being that bad.

Something is fundamentally wrong with this game. I hope its just a player rating issue.
That wide open gameplay my friend, EA Style.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:42 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
That wide open gameplay my friend, EA Style.
I have seen OMT on all day so far, I am have PM'ed the link to this thread. Yet he has not commented on if this can be fixed with the patch. I think this is as big a issue as the suppose robo qb issue. But we can atleast help fix that when the sliders get fixed. This not even defensive awarness will help. It is a pursuit problem with how the speed is read and the AI is told to intercept the runner. It is off by a large margin

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »